Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SRY SO LONG My horrible mother in law. Need to vent a bit. But, also wandering how others feel. PLEASE DONT BASH

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

I know how some people feel about welfare etc.

Well, me n hubby have been married for 4 years. He's currently being discharged from the army. We've been on foodstamps for a little over 2 years. Because he has some problems that need to be solved before he can work. And, i need to be home to take care of him and our 2 year old.

Hubby has sever depression and anxiety and was diagnosed with a dependent personality disorder. Because he's severely dependant on me for EVERYTHING.

Well, Hubbys mom doesnt like welfare she feels that we are living off of everyone elses hard earned money. Well, i know a lot of people feel like that.

But, anyhow

she decided that she was going to give my husband a letter yesterday informing him that she intended to disown him because were on welfare...and then said she couldnt do that because 1. hes her son and 2. because of our daughter whom she loves and adores.

So, she told him he has 2 years to get his shit together and get a good job and better our lives and that our daughter deserves so much more than what she's got.

BTW She's super spoiled and well taken care of!

But, sry got off track

she then tells him that if in this 2 year time period he doesnt get a job and better things that she will remove him off of her will and all her money will go to charity and some to our daughter and then the house that is to be left to him will be sold and the money from that will go to the same place.

She made him so much worse...he kinda went into a quiet state since last night. He's mad and sad and just pissed.

I guess i dont fully disagree with him getting a job. but, the way she went about this whole thing was horrible. She couldnt even tell him she had to write him a letter not to mention that she cornered him in her dining room to talk to him and get her point accross

which is that he failed her, and us as a family. and, that she was disappointed and going to remove him from her life if things didnt change.....:(

AM I WRONG FOR BEING ANGRY AT HER??? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Honestly; She has a right to do what she wants with her will. BUT I see a big problem that she would 1) say all of that in a letter and 2) say all that when her son is going through such a tough time. I'd be upset too. Hope everything works out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I mean i dont have a problem with her wanting to change the will. 

I mainly have a problem with how she went about all of this and the timing is just horrible. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I will cut her out of our lives. She sound very selfish. please for the sake of your husband AND your daughter move, stay away from her and loose contact (change phone number and everything)
livric
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

wow, talk about kicking someone when they are down!!!  what a bitch  :(  sorry mama,  I hope things get better for your DH soon

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Hubby feels like it may be best to kind of ignore her for awhile. 
He told me that if it wasnt for me wanting to have had her in our lives that if he was on his own he wouldnt even really talk to her...

Im just worried she's gonna make his problem worse. she keeps telling him its all in his head etc. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I will cut her out of our lives. She sound very selfish. please for the sake of your husband AND your daughter move, stay away from her and loose contact (change phone number and everything)

je80ss
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:12 PM
No. She was being a bitch. Everything she said in the letter could have been worded differently. And knowing her son so well and loving him so much, she full well knows how much she hurt him and possibly set him back with his current issues. I would tell her THAT in my book would be considered her failing her son. Obviously he already knows he has to get a job and provide. She just wants to be controling.
smurfbitebug
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:13 PM
3 moms liked this
I would personally be a little grateful for that right there if I were you. And I'm not saying that in a mean way, I'm not sitting here thinking, "that ungrateful wench.." I just don't think you clearly see what she is trying to do here and the benefits this could very well have for your daughter especially, and you.

She is being his mother. And giving him a kick in the pants. Which he may very well need.

And I know you don't see that from where you are standing and I know you love your husband and there are reasons for him being the way he is.

But she is doing you a favor of sorts here. She really is.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:14 PM

He tried to explain to her that he wants to work. He just cant right now. 

with the dependent personality disorder he has to be near me at all times. 
He tried working a short night shift at walmart he would call me from work crying  

Quoting je80ss:

No. She was being a bitch. Everything she said in the letter could have been worded differently. And knowing her son so well and loving him so much, she full well knows how much she hurt him and possibly set him back with his current issues. I would tell her THAT in my book would be considered her failing her son. Obviously he already knows he has to get a job and provide. She just wants to be controling.

activitymode
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:14 PM
he's military, you receive fs, and he has dependant personality disorder? is that even real?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:14 PM

IMO- no you are not wrong. She is not helping his situation at all. IMO if she wants to help she can keep her trap shut. And if I were you- I would cut her out of his life if she continues to keep this game up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)