Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just want to be alone.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

I have checked out of my marriage completly.  I don't respect my husband and he has no respect for me. There is nothing really wrong, I am just miserable.  We have two children, they are 9 and 5.  I am the sole provider and I make $16 an hour plus commission.  I can afford to take care of our boys entirely on my own.  My company is opening a new branch in Kentucky and I have been asked to apply for the management position.  If I were to get it, I could move and be out of the state and out of his life and start fresh with the kids.  What do I need to do to get the process started?  Has anyone been through this?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrownEyedGirl86
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:12 PM
You would need his permission to move out of state w your children. He has a day whether to allow you or not

With that being said. You need to file a separation. Some states require you to be legally separate before they grant a divorce
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:16 PM

He wouldn't do anything about it, and he wouldn't have the funds to fight me on it.  He never even signed our first sons birth certificate.  What would happen if I just left?

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

You would need his permission to move out of state w your children. He has a day whether to allow you or not

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:23 PM
File the appropriate paperwork first then leave.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:24 PM
He still has the same rights just by being married to you, regardless of him signing or not signing the bc.

Quoting Anonymous:

He wouldn't do anything about it, and he wouldn't have the funds to fight me on it.  He never even signed our first sons birth certificate.  What would happen if I just left?

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:25 PM
File for divorce and make sure you put in the paperwork that you want sole custody. This way you're covered and it's up to him to do something about it.
MomofBoys838
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:29 PM

You need to meet with an attorney.  Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:31 PM

You would be wanted for kidnapping?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:40 PM

We wern't married at the time of his birth.

Quoting Anonymous:

He still has the same rights just by being married to you, regardless of him signing or not signing the bc.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Will that really work?  He would actually have to take me to court to stop me from moving, right?

Quoting Anonymous:

File for divorce and make sure you put in the paperwork that you want sole custody. This way you're covered and it's up to him to do something about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:42 PM

I am meeting with one on Friday afternoon.  I just don't know what to expect and I am afraid that I will be told I can't leave the state.

Quoting MomofBoys838:

You need to meet with an attorney.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN