Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just want to be alone.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have checked out of my marriage completly.  I don't respect my husband and he has no respect for me. There is nothing really wrong, I am just miserable.  We have two children, they are 9 and 5.  I am the sole provider and I make $16 an hour plus commission.  I can afford to take care of our boys entirely on my own.  My company is opening a new branch in Kentucky and I have been asked to apply for the management position.  If I were to get it, I could move and be out of the state and out of his life and start fresh with the kids.  What do I need to do to get the process started?  Has anyone been through this?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Replies (11-15):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:42 PM
The first child he can't do much about, but you'd still need to tell him you're moving. The second child he could fight you for. And he could just to be an asshole.

Talk to a lawyer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I think that he will do it just to be an ass.  What happens after I serve him papers? Will he just have to move out?  

Quoting Anonymous:

The first child he can't do much about, but you'd still need to tell him you're moving. The second child he could fight you for. And he could just to be an asshole.

Talk to a lawyer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:43 PM
I'm not 100% sure but I wish you luck.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think that he will do it just to be an ass.  What happens after I serve him papers? Will he just have to move out?  

Quoting Anonymous:

Talk to a lawyer.

BrownEyedGirl86
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:03 AM
I don't think he can do much if you left then filed separation.
I would defiantly consult a lawyer first though.

Quoting Anonymous:

He wouldn't do anything about it, and he wouldn't have the funds to fight me on it.  He never even signed our first sons birth certificate.  What would happen if I just left?

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

You would need his permission to move out of state w your children. He has a day whether to allow you or not

MomofBoys838
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Yeah, that's a tough one, and laws can vary from state to state. If he's supportive about your taking the job, you might be able to settle in there with the kids and then have him served. Your attorney can advise you if there are any loopholes like that. I hope it all works out like you want. Biding your time might be the best thing right now.
Quoting Anonymous:

I am meeting with one on Friday afternoon.  I just don't know what to expect and I am afraid that I will be told I can't leave the state.

Quoting MomofBoys838:

You need to meet with an attorney.  Good luck!

ladybugMarie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)