Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Teen Moms Deserve To Be Teens Too"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If a teenager gets pregnant should they be given breaks by their parents so they can "be a teenager"? As in: partying, going out with friends, staying up late, sleeping in, not doing chores, being lazy, and other stereotypical teen things.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Replies (341-350):
jlmc
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Nope.

Aireeahnah
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Not in my opinion, no. And I was a teen mom. I think if you feel you are mature enough to have a child you need to do what is in their best interest..and it is neither theirs nor yours to be out getting wasted and never confronting real responsibility.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Well you sound like an idiot who wants to be a slut then not take car of your responsibility. Good luck with that.
Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:57 AM

No. Special occasions like birthdays and weddings? Of course, but just for the hell of it? Hell fucking no.

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:57 AM
No lol. They would have their butts home every night changing diapers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
No. I have made it clear to my dd if she get pregnant as a teen, her teen life is over. From that moment on she will be a mother. She made her choice and will have to live with it. I will not play mama to her baby, i stop having babies because i didn't want anymore.
proudmama11212
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Im referring to those who didnt use protection like my sister and it is their fault for not using at leastnsomething like my sister. i had my son at 19 but i wanted a baby im busting my balls in school and work for my son i dont regret him either. Theres a big difference from getting help from family when its needed and taking advantage of it like my sister  go out with friends and leave the baby for long periods of time. I love being home with my baby and rather be there with him all the time but we cant afford it so im here working hard for him. 

Quoting RoseWay:

BS. Accidents happen and using condoms and birth control isnt a guarentee that one does not get pregnant.

I'm 21 and pregnant and definitely didn't plan to. I know I'm not a teen however youre statement is so incorrect that I had to say something.

I will tell you this, my baby is the best thing that ever happened to me. I go to university and still live at home so that I can get my degree. There is NOTHING wrong with being young and pregnant and it certainly isn't amyones FAULT.

I agree that yes, the young teen should take responsebility BUT he/she shouldnt take ALL responsebility and can't do it without help of parents and family because she will most likely still be in SCHOOL. School is the 1st priority and getting a job could mean that he/she would have to drop out because the workload would become too much for a young teen.

What is wrong with you people?! If I had a job while going to university AND had to go home to be a mom, I would have to drop out of university and become a loser with no degree and Id be even more screwed to provide for my baby later on becauase I wouldn't have a freakin diploma and a crappy job

Quoting proudmama11212:

Nope they got into that situation its their fault

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Same here and my mama didn't take care if my dd i did, it was my job.

Quoting Aireeahnah:

Not in my opinion, no. And I was a teen mom. I think if you feel you are mature enough to have a child you need to do what is in their best interest..and it is neither theirs nor yours to be out getting wasted and never confronting real responsibility.
ILoveBeingAMom1
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:00 PM

If they are doing what they should be doing to take care of their child and not depending on us to support their choices, then yes. Every parent needs parenting breaks, or as I call them parent-cations, no matter their age. Yes, they screwed up and created a life at such a young age, but if they still need a break.

amberleh
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I believe they should get "breaks" just like any new Mom needs (come on, we all know every Mom needs some "me time" every once in a while), but they are the one who decided to have sex, get pregnant, and become a teen Mother. When they made that decision, they made the decision to take on an adult role, so being a teen goes out of the window. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured