Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Teen Moms Deserve To Be Teens Too"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If a teenager gets pregnant should they be given breaks by their parents so they can "be a teenager"? As in: partying, going out with friends, staying up late, sleeping in, not doing chores, being lazy, and other stereotypical teen things.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Replies (791-800):
mamaBerg85
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Boy I'm sure glad u all weren't my mom. At 16 I was raped and became pregnant with my oldest. I had the most supportive mom on earth. I didn't party or go out much anyway but she encouraged me to have a little bit of a teen life. Shed also get up with my daughter at night if I had a test in the am.
If this happened to my daughter I'd probably handle it the same way as long as my daughter wasn't the type to party all the time I'd help her by being a good grandparent.
Busymomma1988
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Hell no...I get to go out maybe once a month if I'm lucky because I have children to care for...that is all they will get...and if you let them slack on chores, they will never learn how to leave the nest. As far as staying up late or sleeping in, I guess that depends on what the baby will allow...
Busymomma1988
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Well, that's totally different...I wasn't thinking about that sort of thing and they might not be either...I would do the same thing your mom did. Its very respectable you kept the baby and didn't just abort it. I would do whatever I could to help in a situation like that.

Quoting mamaBerg85:

Boy I'm sure glad u all weren't my mom. At 16 I was raped and became pregnant with my oldest. I had the most supportive mom on earth. I didn't party or go out much anyway but she encouraged me to have a little bit of a teen life. Shed also get up with my daughter at night if I had a test in the am.

If this happened to my daughter I'd probably handle it the same way as long as my daughter wasn't the type to party all the time I'd help her by being a good grandparent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I don't think a teen should get more breaks than any other mom. I'm a married adult and I don't go out with my friends often but I still go out. All moms need a break once in a while. I think in a teen mom's case it should probably be earned though. If you are going to school and taking care of your baby and helping out around the house then I would say you probably deserve a night a month of being a teenager.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I was a teen mom and have heard people say."your a mom and a teenager." but they say it in a sense of "you're still growing up, so yes it will be tough". I went to an alternative high school. so there were quite a few teen moms. I hated when they would go out and party. I never did any of that. at first my mom would take my son for me in the mornings when she got up, but only to let me sleep in for an hour because I was up all night, by myself, with him. I took full responsibility of my son. every once in a while she would watch him so his dad and I could go to a movie. I think if you got pregnant at a young age then no you dont deserve to act that way. take care of your child. you have to grow up.
kibbskins
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Letting them know in advance that's its not okay is totally fine, but even if they do get pregnant, which would most likely happen because communication between parent and child is low so the teenager is mostly unaware about sex ad pregnancy, is it really in your child or your grandchild's best interests to be kicked out on the street or have to work a minimum wage job that wouldn't even cover the typical cost of daycare? I just don't understand how those people truly love their children and want what is best for them.

Quoting mommybug77:

Quoting kibbskins:

Nice to see you really care about your daughter. :sarcasm:

Quoting Anonymous:Quoting kibbskins:They should have some time off just like any other mom. And I feel like their baby and their school work is a lot more important than getting some shitty minimum wage job. Regardless of them getting pregnant or not that doesn't mean that they automatically become adults. They still need their parents help and support more than any other mother out there. she my daughter would be screwed and she knows it. I would not support a baby in any way. My daughter would pay for daycare, ALL baby needs plus things around the house since from that point on only the very basics would be covered by us anymore. Food and a place to live would be it and good meaning what is eaten as a family.

we have no problem letting our daughters know that being a teen mom is not something that is tolerated. If they decide that route it's not our job to make life easier on them.

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:35 PM

If you had two kids before 18 then you are definily not mature for your age.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting notjstasocermom:

hopeflly you mean 18 or 19 and not 15 or 16

Quoting Anonymous:

I was a teen mother, but my BF is older  As soon as we found out I was pregnant, I moved into his house. He is older than I am, but I was very mature for my age.   We are still together, and I'm pregnant with #4.  I'm a SAHM and have been busy the last few years with four pregnancies and breast feeding and home schooling.  We have  "date night" and party with friends.  My BF"s mother babysits for us when we go out and helps me during the day when I'm pregnant.

I was 16 when my first baby was born and 17 when #2 was born.  My high school had a really good program for pregnant students.  We went to regular classes but had a room where we could go and rest or breast feed our babies.  My BF's mother brought my baby to school every day for me to nurse. 

Natalierae17
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:36 PM
I am a teen mom and honestly I don't want those things. Yes it's nice to have a break every once in a while. But my daughter is my main priority, my life. I only want to to things that will better myself and her.
mamaBerg85
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Be that as it maybe regardless of rape or not as long as my kid learned a lesson and remembered their responsibilities I wouldnt continue to punish her everyday. I'd remind myself that I was a grandma now and help her when she needed it.

Quoting Busymomma1988:

Well, that's totally different...I wasn't thinking about that sort of thing and they might not be either...I would do the same thing your mom did. Its very respectable you kept the baby and didn't just abort it. I would do whatever I could to help in a situation like that.

Quoting mamaBerg85:

mommybug77
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Quoting kibbskins:

how are they going to cover daycare, diapers, baby clothes, baby gear, baby food, anything rectors the teen mom wants. I by law have to provide shelter, basic food and basic clothes. I don't have to provide more nor would I if she became a teen mom.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)