Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant from rape

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

How common is it? Has it happened to you? What did you do? If you are pro-life and it happened, did you practice what you preach and keep it?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:05 PM

It's impossible to say how common it is, rape itself is rarely reported. Yes, it happened to me, I was 12, and it wasn't just once. I had my son when I was 13, but I'm not pro-life. I had an abortion after I had him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Less common than not resulting in pregnancy. Yes. Kept my daughter.

conweis
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:08 PM

I am the product of rape, so yeah I would keep my baby if I got raped.

KennyPooPoo22
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:09 PM
It is fairly common. Although a true number cannot be said because many rapes are not reported.
AllieGrey
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:10 PM
I was raped at fourteen by a fellow youth group student. Parents were adamant about keeping him. I know am engaged and Sawyer is a happy 9 month old who is adored by SO and I.
lenashark
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:10 PM

It happened to me, I have no idea how common it is. Yes I have my son. Prolife doesn't have to do with keeping the child though, just giving birth, I chose to keep my son and raise him, but I wouldn't be less prolife if I gave him up for adoption.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I am pro-life.  Regardless if I was raped, I would have the baby.  Whether I would keep it or set up an adoption, that part I do not know.

Mish321
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:15 PM
WoW. I'm so sorry. I'd you raise you baby by yourself?

Quoting jojo_star:

It's impossible to say how common it is, rape itself is rarely reported. Yes, it happened to me, I was 12, and it wasn't just once. I had my son when I was 13, but I'm not pro-life. I had an abortion after I had him. 

jojo_star
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I was a single mom until he was 5, and yes, I raised him, not my parents, or other family. Obviously though, I didn't financially support us at that age. And don't be sorry. I love my son, I wouldn't change a thing. 

Quoting Mish321:

WoW. I'm so sorry. I'd you raise you baby by yourself?

Quoting jojo_star:

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I was raped, even though I did not relize it at the time. My boyfriend started undressing me and I tried several times to say no but he ignored me so I stopped struggling and just let him get it over with. I was young so I believe that, since I chose to give in, I was not raped.

I am prolife and I did keep the baby. She is five years old now and one of the loves of my life.

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)