Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Officially Creeped Out

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:16 PM
  • 21 Replies

I was sitting here, browsing the web, when I smelled a burning smell.  It smelled like my flat iron, when it's turned on.  I woke dh up (he was sleeping in his recliner next to me) to see if he could smell it, too.  He did, so I got up and I sniffed around every electrical outlet and device in the house.  I couldn't smell it anywhere except right around us.  It went away for a few minutes, but then in came back.  It faded a short time later, but I'm spooked - our apartment maintenance guys just replaced our old window AC unit yesterday (the old one broke), and now I'm paranoid that something is wrong with THIS one!  I doubt I'll sleep tonight - I'm too paranoid about electrical fires, now!

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
macysmom
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I did this once and it turned out to be the neighbor burning food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dinimon
by NoName on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Yikes. They scare me too. Hope nothing is wrong.
melschlegs
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Ugh, I sure hope so!  I wish I could be sure, but I'm not going door to door to check if anyone has burned food at midnight, LOL!

Quoting macysmom:

I did this once and it turned out to be the neighbor burning food.


Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM
It's a demon
melschlegs
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Lol, I doubt it, but thanks.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's a demon


kayandkadsmommy
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM
I did this once and I called the firedept thank god I did an outlet was really hot and could have caught on fire. So when in doubt call the fire dept and have them check it out. Be safe mama
melschlegs
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Thanks for the advice!  We're not smelling it anymore, but if I get one more whiff of it, I'm calling. 

Quoting kayandkadsmommy:

I did this once and I called the firedept thank god I did an out let was really hot amd could have caught on fire. Sp when in doubt call the fire dept and have them check it out. Be safe mama


smurfbitebug
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:21 PM
I have to say that would make me a little paranoid as well. I probably wouldn't get much sleep, either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Electrical fires can smolder inside the walls for a long time
mlg1989
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I smelled popcorn earlier and no one was making popcorn in the house. I was going crazy!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)