• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much of your baby stuff did you buy yourself?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
Dh and i are having our first baby soon.
We were planning on buying all the major baby stuff (crib, stroller, carseats, changing table, majority of clothes, ect) ourselves.
We knew we would have a baby shower and get some diapers and random odds and ends, but we were planning on buying the majority of everything ourselves. And we were totally okay with it we wanted this baby sooo bad!!

I'm due in a month and we have spent less than $300 and have everything we need.
Our families got way excited and went overboard!! We got carseats and strollers from both of our mothers, a pack and play from his mom, a changing table from mine, a really nice crib from a good family friend, TONS of clothes from everybody and friends (one of my good girlfriends works at carters!) and too many odds and ends to even list.
I am shocked! Our families rock. We really didnt need them to do this, but it was so nice of them! I am so glad our baby is coming into a family who already loves him so much! He is going to be so spoiled by his grandparents!

Did you buy most of your baby stuff yourself or did you recieve a lot of gifts?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof11995
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Bought all my daughters stuff ourselves didn't have a baby shower.
NotTheirMom99
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:24 PM

We bought everything. We were 17 with poor teenager friends and parents that worked paycheck to paycheck. We grew up really quick. 

You are very lucky!

Punchyobuns
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I got a pack n play as a gift. That was the only big ticket item I didn't buy myself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:26 PM

All of it except for clothes and a crib bedding set.

We didnt have a baby shower with either of our girls.

jesistar6910
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Most of it. We got a traveling stroller combo, and the bassinet I wanted at my baby shower. 

LadyAmaranth
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM

99% of it we bought ourselves.

Some clothes, diapers, a couple of stuffed toys others got us as gifts.

brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM
I had a very small baby shower with only very close family and friends. We asked that no one spent over $20 on a gift and most honored our request. However, it's tradition that my dad and his wife buy the crib for the first grand child of each of thier children, so we didn't buy the bed.
alleycat_2
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Bought most of the stuff ourselves. If you guys have anymore babies you'll be set lol. Congratulations.
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:28 PM

This, I didn't want a shower

Quoting momof11995:

Bought all my daughters stuff ourselves didn't have a baby shower.

kraziandkoul
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I received a lot of gifts with our first. First baby is usually showered pretty well.  We've purchased a lot of stuff with our other children, though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)