Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me fix the bathroom up! PICS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
Things to be done:

New flooring

Paint the white "tile" quotations because its not real tile. It was probably just the cheapest type of walling in the 80s! Lol

New piece of art: there is a little spot right as you walk in to your left that is perfect for a small painting or a nice wall piece. I'd really like something to go there. Nothing expensive.

So here are my questions:

Which flooring do you think will look best? What wall color would look nice? And maybe post a link to a nice picture from amazon or target for the wall?

Ill post all pics in replies because there are a lot. Please be patient! Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Mobile Photo

Don't mind the window. We didn't use this bathroom for a whole when we first moved in because it was in such poor condition. When we started to fix it up I broke the screen while trying to air the room out :/ new windows thought out the whole house is at the top of our list though!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Smallest bathroom I've ever seen. I lack the decorative intelligence so I've got nothing, but hope these awesome ladies give you some ideas !

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:32 PM
The worst part is the master bathroom used to be nearly the same size! The wall was diagonal and the bathroom was literally in a corner lol we took down that wall and made it bigger though. This one is small but its rarely used so we don't want to do anything crazy like tearing down a wall lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Smallest bathroom I've ever seen. I lack the decorative intelligence so I've got nothing, but hope these awesome ladies give you some ideas !

mom2gmp2
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:36 PM
You might think about sanding the walls and putting a layer of sheet rock mud on them. You could then lightly sand them again and then prime and paint them like any other wall.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Mobile Photo

First 4 flooring options. I put stickers to help you identify which one you like lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:43 PM
The "tile" part? I'm okay with it staying as tile. It doesn't look too bad and its easy to paint over.

Quoting mom2gmp2:

You might think about sanding the walls and putting a layer of sheet rock mud on them. You could then lightly sand them again and then prime and paint them like any other wall.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)