Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ADHD Alternatives

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

I absolutely do not want to medicate my child. I was doing a little quick research today for alternatives when I came across Interactive Metronome Training. I read some reviews both good and bad. There an app to use at home as opposed to the expensive one on one sessions. Had anyone ever tried it or had any success with other methods?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:39 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:45 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:51 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:52 AM
I've never heard of it. We have done therapy, behavior modification, dietary restrictions, and natural stimulants.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:58 PM

BUMP!

ladyraven16
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:01 PM
We tried quite a bit with diet, exercise, therapies etc. We also tested gi, eeg, allergies etc but we ended up on meds because his adhd is so severe that he was way behind developmentally.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Has anything worked?

Quoting Anonymous:

I've never heard of it. We have done therapy, behavior modification, dietary restrictions, and natural stimulants.

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Only thing that works for me is addy, vyvanse sucks .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:29 AM
It helped, but he still had trouble. Now that he is older we give him the option to choose for himself if he wants to take medication. He prefers to take his anti anxiety, and stimulant medication during the school year. During the Summer we don't do either because I'm able to work with him more, sns there isn't as much pressure as in school. Also before medication martial arts (Tae Kwon do ) helped a ton because he learned a lot about self control techniques.

Quoting Anonymous:

Has anything worked?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)