• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When to take family photos down after a divorce?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies

I filed for divorce a week ago. After 4 years, a 3 month separation, and consoling, (by my self dh never showed), I realized that nothing was going to change. He was going to keep on doing what he wants and not care about how it affects his family. With that being said I don't regret these past 4 years, our two beautiful children, or forgot how much it meant to me, (good and bad). I still cherish our once happy family photos, and I still love my dh very much. I am still grieving the loss of our marriage. This is one of my main motivation in life. A happy family. It's all I ever wanted. now it's gone. It's not coming back. That part of my life is gone forever. 

Today I got several requests from facebook to take almost all of my family photos down. I ignored them at first, but my dh kept flagging them and insisting I take them down. There are a few that mean a lot to me and always will. One of my dh holding my just born son for the first time, a family photo at my daughter birthday party, and a few other pictures from special moments of our lives. He wants them down and he's putting up a pretty good fight. 

He finally told me why: He has a girlfriend now and he doesn't want her to know anything about us "yet." She doesn't know that he has a step-daughter that he raised and a 2 year old son. She doesn't know that he was ever married or is going through a divorce. He thinks it's inappropriate to still have these photos up. What do you think? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Bump

Mama110981
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:29 PM
3 moms liked this
Screw him. They are ur photos on ur facebook. U take them down when and if u want. Period
NotTheirMom99
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Unfriend him.

Melbornj
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I think they are yours and you should keep them up as long as you want to.  Perhaps to keep peace you might bring them down but other than that if she is not friends with you she is not going to see them.

jesistar6910
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

They are your photos. And if they mean something to you, then keep them. It's not for him to say what you can and can't put on facebook. If he doesn't want to be upfront with her about his past, that is his problem.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:31 PM

He's tagged in some of them. And i guess the only way to get them off his profile is if I delete them completely?

Quoting Mama110981:

Screw him. They are ur photos on ur facebook. U take them down when and if u want. Period

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I'd block him from being able to see them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:32 PM
I can see from both points of view. You can always set them so only certain people can see excluding your stbx & anyone else who requested.
Decker
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Block him from your Facebook page and problem solved

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Hugs...you probably need to take them down and move on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)