Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worst pain ever?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:37 PM
  • 227 Replies

I want to know, what is the WORST physical pain you've ever experienced. 

I know a lot of us will say childbirth, but I also know there are other things that people say hurt so much more... so I want to know what your worst physical pain was caused by.

For me, I have to say pain from kidney issues (stones, infection, swelling, etc)... but it might be because I am currently experiencing it and it's at the forefront of my mind. The headache from meningitis that I had was HORRID as well, much worse than childbirth. 

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I get some pretty knarly ovarian cysts- when they rupture I'm doubled over in pain for days.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:39 PM

I haven't really experienced any real, horrid pain. I mean, I've had two c-sections and the recovery from those sucked but I wasn't awful. Other than that I can only think of the pain I had before I had to get a root canal.

EyEmTuRtLe
by Turtle on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:39 PM

For me it was when my appendix almost burst followed closely by my mini-stroke.

melakay1981
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Stomach pain that is still a mystery.  I will say that the worst pain I have ever seen anyone in is when my daughters brain was bleeding, it was awful.

Bellum
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Gallbladder, and I had a flu or migraine that came with a headache that I could not function with for nearly a week. 

tifbrown
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:41 PM
I don't know what caused it, but one time I got an unbelievably intense pain under my lower right rib cage. I've had it before, but that time it hit me I literally passed out from the pain. I had 2 babies with no drugs and this was even worse than that. It was scary. Once I started passing out, yes multiple times, it went away.
kris0921
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Worst pain for me, getting 2 12in internal monitors shoved up my vag causing my cervix to stretch a lot more then what it needed to. Also my cramps after my csection!
jesistar6910
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:42 PM

The worst pain I have ever felt: pnemonia.

I was in the ICU for 9 days with pneumonia in 2009. The pain from coughing, and then being on a ventilator was so bad I was given morphine. That hurt more than my pitocin induced, pain med free labor and subsequent c-section recovery.

lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Breaking my leg
Laperoscopy
kylenkodysmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Definitely migraines. For the most part, childbirth pain is short lived, but migraines can last what seems like forever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)