Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who donates plasma?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Is it worth the time for the money? Experinces?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaughtTot
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I havent but BUMP! I'm a registered donor though so if anyone is a match, Im ready and willing.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:47 PM

My brother is the director of our community blood center.  It's by donation.  My little sister donates regularly.

MamaRae85
by *you're on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I've never done it, but after I give birth, I plan to. I just discovered that I am a universal plasma donor! Yay!

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:48 PM

You can donate blood at any given time.

Quoting TaughtTot:

I havent but BUMP! I'm a registered donor though so if anyone is a match, Im ready and willing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM

it's very popular with the college kids in my town. good beer money i guess.

jesistar6910
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I can't anymore.

I used to. And around here it is not worth it. It takes up to 2 hours and you only get 15 bucks. You can only do it 2x's a week. 

TaughtTot
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I can't, I pass out, so I registered with the local blod bank, if they ever run low I'd go through the process, but just to go and do, I only donate Whole blood for now.

Last time I tried plasma, I passed out within minutes.  Completely blacked out.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

You can donate blood at any given time.

Quoting TaughtTot:

MagicTemptation
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:53 PM

I don't. I would like too. I donate blood. I am a donor. But our closes plasma center is 45 minutes away in the city and I am not comfortable driving in the city.

our.love.story
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:55 PM

My friend's mom did to earn extra cash...I think she was getting like $30 each time she would go and she went like twice a week. She said she was getting sick/worn down much quicker though so it might not be worth it. She doesn't have any young children (her daughters are 30 and 24) but if you do and have to keep up with them, it might make it harder? Not sure how your body would react.

eSamsMama
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:56 PM
I donate plasma regularly. I know 3 people who have had their lives saved by plasma transfusions. Knowing I could save a life is all the reason I need
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)