• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Omg. How the hell did this happen!? *warning picture*

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:47 PM
  • 13 Replies

my toddlers whole nail RIPPED off. Like ripped off backwards. I didnt notice it was falling off until we were at gymnastics and I caught a glance of it. She was playing happy as ever. It must have happened in her room last night or something. I flipped out when I saw. It was hanging on by a little thread so I plucked it off. She seems perfectly okay, but I dont understand when or how it happened. The nail bed is calloused and seems to have healed already.

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Click_Queen
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:48 PM

BUMP!

ChevronOwls
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Ouch! Glad it didn't hurt her though!
kitty8199
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:50 PM
She may have smashed it a few days ago and it not bruise, but callus so the nail fell off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:51 PM

It sounds like the nail was damaged a while ago and finally popped loose and came off. My son had that happen to a toe nail. He smashed his toe (I can't remember how since it was about 12 years ago). About 2 or 3 weeks later the nail just popped right off... No pain, no bleeding, no nothing.

teal_phoenix
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Ouch. If it was me, you would have known( I am a baby about that kind of thing).

Poor kiddo:(

13579nlm
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:52 PM

when my sister was little, she was riding underneath the  cart and a wheel ran over her finger and tor the nail off. no permanent damage :P

mommy2two25
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Same thing happened to my daughter a few years back except it was her toenail. It looked almost identical to that picture. I noticed that all her nails are thin compared to her older brother (2 yrs older). I assumed she got it caught on something & it snagged. I just trimmed it back & kept a bandaid on it until it started to fully grow back.
SimplyAllie101
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:55 PM

surprised

Irenesmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:55 PM

dd dropped a toy on her big toe and a couple weeks later it fell off, the whole thing. Maybe she injured it and it took awhile to fall off? it's not bleeding so I'm guessing it didn't just rip off.

Irenesmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this

when I say it dropped off the nail, not the toe LOL

Quoting Irenesmommy:

dd dropped a toy on her big toe and a couple weeks later it fell off, the whole thing. Maybe she injured it and it took awhile to fall off? it's not bleeding so I'm guessing it didn't just rip off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)