• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have mice in my apartment :(

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM
  • 13 Replies

So Im just sitting here in my apartment watching tv and relaxing. Then at the corner of my eye, I see a mouse run into the bathroom. A few minutes later, I see 2 more mice run into the bathroom. I didn't know there were mice here. I don't know what the hell they are after in my bathroom. It looked like they might have come from my bedroom too. I live in nyc so I know that mice are everywhere here, but I have lived here for almost a year and havent seen any mice. I am so scared to go in my bathroom and my bedroom now. I need to shower and Im sleepy. But I just feel stuck in the living room because Im too freaked out to move! 

I dont even know why im making this post. Its not like anyone can help me but I didn''t know what else to do since im just sitting here freaking out. 

frustrated

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
13579nlm
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:51 PM

ewww i hate mice! Call billy the exterminator!

our.love.story
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:52 PM

We rented an old house years ago that had mice...I freaked out! Lol. Can you get traps? 

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:52 PM
OMG!

I would freak out.

Good luck.
Princess111201
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:53 PM

omg!!! thats horrible! i would be freaking out too. haha. every now and again in my apartment there will be an outbreak of ants in the kitchen. i mean thats even when there isnt any reason for them to be there either. and when i go in and see them....i do not go back in until i know they are dead. lol. however, in my bedroom, i live at the top of the house/apartment, so theres like an attic/crawl space, and im pretty sure they are squirrels, but i can hear them up there at night sometimes it freaks me out. lol.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Exterminator

We had a problem with them under the house (we live in the woods), but they never got inside thankfully
casseopeia
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Best thing you can do is to close up holes where they get in, expecially around plumbing pipes.  Use steel wool and sealant (caulking).  Mice run along walls typically, almost like they use them to navigate so place traps in-lines with the walls.  Call and report it to the landlord and the code enforcement agency.  Good luck.  I'd tell you to get a cat, but most domestic cats are not that god at catching and killing mice.  Mine aren't.

Leilisemia
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:56 PM

I'll get traps tomorrow. I just have to make sure they are kid friendly if that exists. I dont want my 2 year old to get his finger snapped off lol. 

Quoting our.love.story:

We rented an old house years ago that had mice...I freaked out! Lol. Can you get traps? 

CafeMom Tickers
Leilisemia
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Hopefully the landlord will get an exterminator. The good thing is the landlord lives right under me, so if I have mice, then he has them too. So I hope he gets an exterminator.

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

Exterminator

We had a problem with them under the house (we live in the woods), but they never got inside thankfully

CafeMom Tickers
Leilisemia
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Unfortunately im allergic to cats and there are no pets allowed in this apartment anyway :(

Quoting casseopeia:

Best thing you can do is to close up holes where they get in, expecially around plumbing pipes.  Use steel wool and sealant (caulking).  Mice run along walls typically, almost like they use them to navigate so place traps in-lines with the walls.  Call and report it to the landlord and the code enforcement agency.  Good luck.  I'd tell you to get a cat, but most domestic cats are not that god at catching and killing mice.  Mine aren't.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:02 AM
We had/have an issue with mice. We live in the country and we have an issue with field mice every year. Normally we can take care of the problem but this year it has been bad. We tried live traps and finally resorted calling a pest control guy and he put some bait under our house. We haven't had a problem since. I HATE mice!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)