Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

heartburn/ acid reflux remedies?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:03 AM
  • 16 Replies
I am going nuts!

Anyone have any good (pregnancy friendly) ways of getting rid of that awful acid reflux feeling?
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jabojoe
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Papaya extract. You can get it at gnc
daisybaby91
by lipstick on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:05 AM
This is probably a silly question but how do you take it? Is it in like a capsule or liquid?

Quoting Jabojoe:

sunangel803
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Drink milk. If its while you're sleeping, lay on your left side. Your stomach is more positioned to the left, so laying on that side helps keep the acid in your stomach,

Acid reflux sucks! I had it bad when I was pregnant. I felt like my esophagus was on fire.
K.m7208
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Pink bubbalicious chewy gum worked for me or marshmallows :)
daisybaby91
by lipstick on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Ive had a marshmallow craving anyway! Thanks for giving me an excuse to give into it ;)

Quoting K.m7208:

Pink bubbalicious chewy gum worked for me or marshmallows :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Raise the head of your bed with blocks or books. Seriously, they teach that in nursing school.

daisybaby91
by lipstick on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Its awful! To the point where ive tried to sleep sitting up because of it. Its driving me nuts! I ate some spaghetti today and i am majorly regretting it now

Quoting sunangel803:

Drink milk. If its while you're sleeping, lay on your left side. Your stomach is more positioned to the left, so laying on that side helps keep the acid in your stomach,

Acid reflux sucks! I had it bad when I was pregnant. I felt like my esophagus was on fire.

Jabojoe
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:10 AM
They're chewable tablets. My boss recommended them because I had to switch I was taking like six Zantac a day

Quoting daisybaby91:

This is probably a silly question but how do you take it? Is it in like a capsule or liquid?

Quoting Jabojoe:

daisybaby91
by lipstick on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:10 AM
I would if i could but our bed is so thick and heavy i think all that would do is make it slide forward cause we dont have a footboard :/
We have one of those extra thick double pillow top mattresses with a tempurpedic topper on it

Quoting Anonymous:

Raise the head of your bed with blocks or books. Seriously, they teach that in nursing school.

daisybaby91
by lipstick on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Well theres a gnc close to my house ill get some tomorrow! I would seriously go right this second if they were open

Quoting Jabojoe:

They're chewable tablets. My boss recommended them because I had to switch I was taking like six Zantac a day

Quoting daisybaby91:

Quoting Jabojoe:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured