Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If your child has autism: were they given MMR?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: For people who did give the MMR vaccine: did your child show signs of autism BEFORE or AFTER the MMR vaccine?

Options:

Before

After

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

What age did they receive the MMR vaccine? What age did they show symptoms of autism? Do YOU believe the MMR vaccine caused/contributed to your child's diagnosis?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Replies (11-20):
LadyAmaranth
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:12 AM

My oldest showed signs before the shot, got it at like 18/19 months.

All my kids got the shot at the same age...My oldest is the only one with issues.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:13 AM
I had all my kids MMR divided into 3 shots because I thought at the time it was too much for their little bodies and that autism could be triggered in kids genetically predisposed. I told my best friend the same thing but she chose to consult with her doctor and gave the shots together. (Not bashing her decision she did what she felt was best after consulting a physician)

He son regressed into autism less than a month later. I watched it with my own eyes and I have no doubt the shot at least triggered the regression
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:14 AM

no shots, no autism

Katkinson
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:15 AM
maybe, but my guess is she is trying to see a patten, otherwise why even ask the? If that is the case, I really do admire the effort, but I was offering a viewpoint she may not have considered. No, not a scientific study. . . .But one needs that info to make an accurate conclusion

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I don't think she is conducting scientific research. She wants to hear from people who have children with autism that did receive mmr vax, and have them say if the symptoms appeared before the vax or after. I am sure she understands it is purely anecdotal.

Quoting Katkinson:

My two got mmr and no autism. I felt the need to post this because your study is flawed. Most people vaccinate. I would guess you will get a staggeringly high number. . . And you will assume there is a link, and there may be, but your scientific thinking has an error. To properly calculate this, you need to take in to account the instances of individuals free of autism who also got the vaccine. That is the only way you will get an accurate result to your study.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:16 AM

my guess is she just interested in hearing from other moms on the issue...like  many of us...there really is NO ulterior motive other than to hear other mom's stories....

Quoting Katkinson:

maybe, but my guess is she is trying to see a patten, otherwise why even ask the? If that is the case, I really do admire the effort, but I was offering a viewpoint she may not have considered. No, not a scientific study. . . .But one needs that info to make an accurate conclusion

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I don't think she is conducting scientific research. She wants to hear from people who have children with autism that did receive mmr vax, and have them say if the symptoms appeared before the vax or after. I am sure she understands it is purely anecdotal.

Quoting Katkinson:

My two got mmr and no autism. I felt the need to post this because your study is flawed. Most people vaccinate. I would guess you will get a staggeringly high number. . . And you will assume there is a link, and there may be, but your scientific thinking has an error. To properly calculate this, you need to take in to account the instances of individuals free of autism who also got the vaccine. That is the only way you will get an accurate result to your study.

carterjacksmom
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:18 AM

My son showed signs of autism as an infant. I do not believe vaccines of any kind contributed to his autism.  My oother son shows no signs and he had all the same vacc's from the same Dr's office, on the same regular schedule.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:19 AM

so how do you know the vaccines didn't make his autism worse?

Quoting carterjacksmom:

My son showed signs of autism as an infant. I do not believe vaccines of any kind contributed to his autism.  My oother son shows no signs and he had all the same vacc's from the same Dr's office, on the same regular schedule.

Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:20 AM

My son does not have nor at this time does he exhibit signs of autism.  We delayed the MMR from the 15 month recommendation of the pediatritican until he turned 18 months just for my peace of mind.

carterjacksmom
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

so how do you know the vaccines didn't make his autism worse?

Quoting carterjacksmom:

If anything the older he gets the better he adjusts and learns (which happened post shot). Obviously he still has issues, but I do not believe the MMR vacc had anything to do with anything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this
My LO had red flags for autism at 6-9 months. I suspected, correctly, we were looking at autism spectrum, before age 1 and the severity in this case is extremely mild. Many parents would have overlooked the subtle signs, which I think understandably happens a lot. For some reason, I happened to be super observant.

Anyway, it had ZERO, ZILCH, NOTHING to do with the MMR vaccine.

I really wish people would stop it already with this. The MMR vax does not "cause" autism.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN