Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If your child has autism: were they given MMR?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: For people who did give the MMR vaccine: did your child show signs of autism BEFORE or AFTER the MMR vaccine?

Options:

Before

After

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

What age did they receive the MMR vaccine? What age did they show symptoms of autism? Do YOU believe the MMR vaccine caused/contributed to your child's diagnosis?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Replies (21-25):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Different anon that the one who was quoted, but wanted to share my experience.

My ASD child is fully vaxed at almost age 6 and continues to improve leaps and bounds. He exhibited red flag behaviors as an infant, as young as 6 months.

He had his last batch of boosters (until age 12$ at his 5 year well appt last August. This past year was his best ever- he attended a typical, mainstream private pre-K and did really well. In fact, 99.9% of the time, no one would even know he had it. He has been discharged from both speech and occupational therapy. He begins mainstream kindergarten this year.

Vaccines didn't cause him to regress or even give him so much as a rash or fever.

In our case- there was no correlation to autism and vaxes in the first place and certainly didn't make him any worse. Not at all. Only improvements and continued development. This makes me so happy.

Quoting Anonymous:so how do you know the vaccines didn't make his autism worse?
Quoting carterjacksmom: My son showed signs of autism as an infant. I do not believe vaccines of any kind contributed to his autism.  My oother son shows no signs and he had all the same vacc's from the same Dr's office, on the same regular schedule.
SuDoNim
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Before. At the time we weren't vaccinating, so ds1 didn't get the first MMR until he was 6 years old. He had no reaction or negeative effects; only developmental leaps. Dd got the first MMR at 3 years years, also with no issues. Ds2 got the MMR on schedule, and also had no issues after. 

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Mine had mmr so did my niece

So did all of my friends kids

Not one has autism

I take that back

1 does, 1 out of 40, not good odds there Sherlock
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:06 AM
I have two nephews. The one that received MMR, not autistic. The one that didn't receive it, is autistic. Both my children received the vax and neither are autistic. I believe that it is carried through the paternal genes.
anitarichman
by Anita on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Both dd's had the shot, no autism.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)