Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Some say this is unhealthy, what do you think? **Edit..My post was on the Today Show!**

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:43 AM
  • 476 Replies
20 moms liked this

I know what I'm about to tell you will sound like I'm a spoiled brat.  But I require A LOT of attention from my spouse.  Luckily for our marriage it is mutual.  We talk all day long on IM, email, text.  I spend an extra hour in the mornings and afternoon's in the car, going way out of my way, just so we can share a ride to work.  Everything we do, is together.  Our kids are grown so they do not require much of our attention.  We do however, take all of them to breakfast every Saturday morning, and are always there when they need us, so its not like we ignore our children.  

The few friends that we have, are more like aquaintances, we don't really do things with other couples, because we prefer the company of just each other. DH goes with me to all of my doctors appointments, even goes and sits with me while I get my hair cut.  We grocery shop together, do yard work together.  I can't think of anything we do other then work, that isn't together.  And that is about to change, when he retires from the military, we are going to open a business together.  

One of our children love how we are and want it for their own relationship, the other two say its gross!  LOL  Our friends and family are always asking if we get tired of each other and the honest answer is no, never! 

How are you and your spouses relationship as far as spending time together?

WOW!  Start at 7:50 mins, they cut the segment short, but I'm so excited, my words were read on TV! 

http://www.today.com/video/today/52586639#52586639

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

If it works for you than do it. :) 

We are together all the time as well. He's my bestfriend and I am his. 

SimplyEnchanted
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:52 AM
My DH and I are like that :) if it works for yoi then dont worry about it!
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:53 AM
13 moms liked this

We both feel it's important to have a SELF identity as well a good couple relationship.  We do things on our own (including hobbies), we spend time together, and we spend time with our kids (also grown).  Starting this fall, our last kid will go off to college (we have encouraged ALL of them to "go away" to college, which they have done).

So no, a relationship like you describe would be stifling to me and my husband.  And we're going on 25 years now.

jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:53 AM

LOVE the shoes in your avatar!

Quoting Glitchtastic:

If it works for you than do it. :) 

We are together all the time as well. He's my bestfriend and I am his. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:54 AM
We're like that. The only time we are away from each other is when he goes to work.
Other than that, we do everything with each other.
We enjoy it.
We've been inseparable since we met
jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Our son moved 45 minutes from us and I about had a heart attack and its still hard to accept sometimes.  LOL  

Our oldest daugher lives in her own house, pays rent and all of her bills.  But the house just happens to be at the end of our driveway!  LOL

Quoting Not_A_Native:

(we have encouraged ALL of them to "go away" to college, which they have done).

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:55 AM
We used to be this way. Until recently he has changed :( like last night I got home from work and climbed into bed and he didn't even sit up to kiss me until I said something. His response was "in tired"
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
We like time together and we like our time apart. Neither are high maintenance and nees that much time together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:56 AM

That is us.  As soon as we met, all our friends just fell to the side.  We joined our hobbies and likes and dislikes into mutal likes and hobbies.  

Quoting Anonymous:

We're like that. The only time we are away from each other is when he goes to work.
Other than that, we do everything with each other.
We enjoy it.
We've been inseparable since we met

MrsRobinson06
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:56 AM
3 moms liked this
If you are both on the same page that's awesome. It may be much more difficult one day when one of you passes away on the other one as far as grieving goes but that just shows how much love you have for each other. I'm jealous truthfully. My dh and I never talk throughout the day unless it pertains to the kids or an errand that needs to be run. We work opposite shifts and never see each other and we don't sleep together either. It works for us but I wish I had a love like yours.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)