Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Some say this is unhealthy, what do you think? **Edit..My post was on the Today Show!**

Posted by   + Show Post

I know what I'm about to tell you will sound like I'm a spoiled brat.  But I require A LOT of attention from my spouse.  Luckily for our marriage it is mutual.  We talk all day long on IM, email, text.  I spend an extra hour in the mornings and afternoon's in the car, going way out of my way, just so we can share a ride to work.  Everything we do, is together.  Our kids are grown so they do not require much of our attention.  We do however, take all of them to breakfast every Saturday morning, and are always there when they need us, so its not like we ignore our children.  

The few friends that we have, are more like aquaintances, we don't really do things with other couples, because we prefer the company of just each other. DH goes with me to all of my doctors appointments, even goes and sits with me while I get my hair cut.  We grocery shop together, do yard work together.  I can't think of anything we do other then work, that isn't together.  And that is about to change, when he retires from the military, we are going to open a business together.  

One of our children love how we are and want it for their own relationship, the other two say its gross!  LOL  Our friends and family are always asking if we get tired of each other and the honest answer is no, never! 

How are you and your spouses relationship as far as spending time together?

WOW!  Start at 7:50 mins, they cut the segment short, but I'm so excited, my words were read on TV! 

http://www.today.com/video/today/52586639#52586639

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Replies (51-60):
yperez0209
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband and I are the same way except we have five kiddos and expecting our sixth. We do everything together or as a family. Doctors, Costco, haircuts, etc.
jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Need a LOVE button!  :)

Quoting snakesNsnails:

I think that's wonderful!!! My dh and I are together as much as we are able to be! We text each other throughout the day, while he's at work, which I love!!  We usually have little ones with us all the time, but we love family time and time together more than anything else!!

New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:26 AM
If it works for you that's great. Dh and I spend a lot of time together but we understand we each have to do things apart. Usually though, when he's off of work we are together. I SAH and he only works 3 miles from home.
Punchyobuns
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:26 AM

That's great for the people that have them. I wouldn't know about that though, because as you stated I can only go from my experience.

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting Punchyobuns:

My husband has very rarely worked less than a 12 hour day in any unit he has been a part of.

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting Punchyobuns:

I call shenigans. What the hell kind of military job does your husband have that they let him off work to do all your errands with you? I know my husband is just an enlisted soldier with a busier job than some, but he's not allowed off work unless he's dying.

My dad was enlisted and was able to take off whenever he wanted.  He was an instructor and as long as he wasn't teaching a class that day, he was free to do as he pleased.  If it was an appointment or whatever and he did have a class, he would just finagle it (start early, end late, long lunch) so he could still go.

Ok?  What your husband does or has done has little bearing on anyone else's experiences.

There are plenty of cushy jobs in the military.

purple_panda
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Uh no. I would go insane if I had to spend that much time with any one person, even my spouse or dd. I need time to myself.
danisc1029
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:28 AM

My husband and I are the same way. There is not much we don't do together. We have only been married 6 years and have small children, so i'm a SAHM but the days he is off there is never a time we are not together. We even go to bed together. I love it and won't want it any other way. He is my best friend. 

NoahandEliza
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM
We're a little bit like that. I'm a sahm though so I have all day to have lunch with friends or have hobbies that don't include dh. When he's home, we spend most of our time together. I don't ever get tired of him...apart from being messy, nothing about him bugs me.
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM
If you have a happy marriage, good for you!

We do a lot together, but not quite as much as you. I lived alone for years before I married and I am not a high needs person. I do have a great husband who knows when to be there and when to give me space.
rjmac88
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Me and my husband are just like you!
nelliesmommy
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:33 AM
I like our alone time, but not 24/7. I can be a recluse. I like my alone time. He understands that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)