Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Kid finds out their adopted in science class!

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/courtney-hardy/finding-birth-parents_b_3635054.html?1374680567&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl27%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D348578

Who does this? What is wrong with people? Why keep it a secret just tell your kid! If they grow up knowing they are adopted it is no big deal. It is like some people are blond some people are dark haired. But if you keep it a secret it turns into this big deal your child feels betrayed how many other secrets did you keep.  Step up people sheez!

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anastacia1988
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:25 AM
2 moms liked this
::Maury's voice:: ...... You are NOT the father

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

But blue eyes and blonde hair are recessive.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dh and I both have dark brown hair. He has green eyes and I have brown. I gave birth to a little girl that has bright blue eyes and blond hair.

quinnsmom715
by Donna on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:25 AM

i found out my 'aunt'was really my sister because of the soap opera another world.this character was forced to pretend her daughter was her sister and i was telling my mom that that was the strangest thing id ever heard.thats when she was like,well,i have something to tell you..

krissy920
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

i agree  im so happy ive known since before i can remember that iw as adopted. I cant imagine  growing up  and finding out like that, id feel betrayed.

graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:27 AM
I didn't get that from watching the video.

Quoting momaof8:

The point is kid finds out alone and now cant trust her parents it is just plain wrong

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:29 AM

You should always tell your kids they are adopted.  I have a cousin who started out in the family as a foster child.  She came to my aunt and uncle as a toddler and the state apparently forgot about her.  They raised her as their own and she never knew until she was 10 and the state suddenly remembered her.  So at 10 she found out that she wasnt theirs not even through adoption.  They did adopt her but it completely screwed up her life for several yrs and was estranged from her parents for awhile.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:29 AM
3 moms liked this

Hair color and eye color are controlled by many different genes. It isn't just an "on or off" in all cases 

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

But blue eyes and blonde hair are recessive.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dh and I both have dark brown hair. He has green eyes and I have brown. I gave birth to a little girl that has bright blue eyes and blond hair.

momaof8
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:35 AM

exactly

Quoting krissy920:

i agree  im so happy ive known since before i can remember that iw as adopted. I cant imagine  growing up  and finding out like that, id feel betrayed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:36 AM

My in-laws have 5 adopted kids out of the 8 they have, all the adopted ones they told them from birth some of them even know who their birth moms are. They all know they are loved just the same, I don't get why you wouldn't tell your child. If we ever adopt any children I will be telling them from the time they are little. 

Night_Roane
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Ah biology class. Revealing adoptions and affairs for the last decade lol.
At least this girl didn't seem to take it so hard.
Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:43 AM
3 moms liked this

You don't understand the reasoning behind the parents not wanting to tell her. Don't be so quick to judge what you don't know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)