Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Kid finds out their adopted in science class!

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/courtney-hardy/finding-birth-parents_b_3635054.html?1374680567&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl27%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D348578

Who does this? What is wrong with people? Why keep it a secret just tell your kid! If they grow up knowing they are adopted it is no big deal. It is like some people are blond some people are dark haired. But if you keep it a secret it turns into this big deal your child feels betrayed how many other secrets did you keep.  Step up people sheez!

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Replies (291-297):
TeamTARDIS
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:14 AM
She states right in the article that even as a hormone filled teen she wasn't angry.
Every parent has the right to parent their child the way they see fit even if you don't agree with it. Telling them they are wrong for doing so is like telling a mom she is wrong because she started with sweet potatoes instead of beans when feeding her baby.

Quoting momaof8:

I am not angry  I did not lie to my kids. This woman doesnt seem angry now but this is years after the fact. Why lie? because moms are protecting themselves afraid their kids wont think of them as mom if they know, And that is foolish. your kids will love you because you love them.

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

I don't understand your anger, this woman wasn't angry and it was her life you are talking about.

momaof8
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Are you adopted? Did you adopt? It is a lie to not tell your kid the truth about who they are. They will find out. Not always when you think they are ready. It is better to be honest and save everybody the heart ache especially the child. This is far deeper than what you feed your child. This would be like giving them nothing but marshmellows and claiming it as a parenting choice, sure you could do it but it would still be wrong.

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

She states right in the article that even as a hormone filled teen she wasn't angry.
Every parent has the right to parent their child the way they see fit even if you don't agree with it. Telling them they are wrong for doing so is like telling a mom she is wrong because she started with sweet potatoes instead of beans when feeding her baby.

Quoting momaof8:

I am not angry  I did not lie to my kids. This woman doesnt seem angry now but this is years after the fact. Why lie? because moms are protecting themselves afraid their kids wont think of them as mom if they know, And that is foolish. your kids will love you because you love them.

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

I don't understand your anger, this woman wasn't angry and it was her life you are talking about.

TeamTARDIS
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:25 AM
No I personally was not adopted but both my cousins where. I can't count how many times my youngest cousin would cry or get depressed growing up because her bio mom didn't love her enough to keep her.
You can't pretend that telling them won't have negative affects on some of them. Both options have pros and cons and your inability to see the other side of the coin tells me you are one of those people who thinks their way is the only way to do something.
I know when debating with someone is useless and this has reached that point.

Quoting momaof8:

Are you adopted? Did you adopt? It is a lie to not tell your kid the truth about who they are. They will find out. Not always when you think they are ready. It is better to be honest and save everybody the heart ache especially the child. This is far deeper than what you feed your child. This would be like giving them nothing but marshmellows and claiming it as a parenting choice, sure you could do it but it would still be wrong.

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

Quoting momaof8:

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

momaof8
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:34 AM

That is how they were raised and how they were told. My cousin was also adopted and he does not know. I know and he is an adult and does not know. How do you thinkit will be for him when he finds out? People keep this as some deep dark secret to protect themselves not their kids, It is wrong and eventually bites them in the ass. Unfortunately at the kids exspense. all six of ours are comfortable in the knowlege they were adopted, Everyone in our adoption networking groups kids know and are well rounded kids. If you treat it as a deep dark secret it destroys you and your kids.

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

No I personally was not adopted but both my cousins where. I can't count how many times my youngest cousin would cry or get depressed growing up because her bio mom didn't love her enough to keep her.
You can't pretend that telling them won't have negative affects on some of them. Both options have pros and cons and your inability to see the other side of the coin tells me you are one of those people who thinks their way is the only way to do something.
I know when debating with someone is useless and this has reached that point.

Quoting momaof8:

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

Quoting momaof8:

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

momaof8
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this

eye rolling 

Quoting wiener:

Me and DH both have green eyes, DH somtimes changes and gets a hint of blue in them, now both my boys have blue eyes, so makes me wonder what their biology teacher will tell them, it is possible to give birth to a blue eyed child when neither parent has blue eye's and my kids are a perfect example of this

sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Quoting wiener:

Me and DH both have green eyes, DH somtimes changes and gets a hint of blue in them, now both my boys have blue eyes, so makes me wonder what their biology teacher will tell them, it is possible to give birth to a blue eyed child when neither parent has blue eye's and my kids are a perfect example of this

Makes me wonder what you were taught in science class about dominate and recessive traits.

llammamamma
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:03 PM

I got choked up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)