Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Kid finds out their adopted in science class!

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/courtney-hardy/finding-birth-parents_b_3635054.html?1374680567&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl27%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D348578

Who does this? What is wrong with people? Why keep it a secret just tell your kid! If they grow up knowing they are adopted it is no big deal. It is like some people are blond some people are dark haired. But if you keep it a secret it turns into this big deal your child feels betrayed how many other secrets did you keep.  Step up people sheez!

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Replies (31-40):
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:28 AM

What a jerk that professor was.  The blue eyes recessive, brown eyed dominant is so simplistic.  He didn't even account for the fact their are some genetic syndromes that can make the child have light eyes.  Genetics is way more complicated than dominant and recessive. You would think a professor would know that. 

Quoting colins_mom:

same with me and my ds and his dad. I hady biology professor staright up look me in the eye and say "does your childs biological father know you put someone else on the birth certificate?"

FUCKING EXCUSE ME! yeah, I was NOT happy.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have blue eyes so does DH and our son has brown eyes. It is possible genetically because there is more than one gene that encodes for eye color. 

funlovinlady
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I found out my dad adopted me when I was 18 and having medical problems. The shit hit the fan between my mom & I. 

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:31 AM

They can still genetically have the child as she is because genetics is more than simply dominant and recessive.  There are many factors to how dna is presented by the child that is born.  It is really fascinating which accounts to why some people suddenly have a red headed child and it is their child but it seems like the milk man made a visit as they used to say. When dna comes back they find that yes indeed that child is theirs and no one had a visit with the milk man.  Fascinating stuff when you look at it.

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

But blue eyes and blonde hair are recessive.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dh and I both have dark brown hair. He has green eyes and I have brown. I gave birth to a little girl that has bright blue eyes and blond hair.

momaof8
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Why not just be honest?

Quoting funlovinlady:

I found out my dad adopted me when I was 18 and having medical problems. The shit hit the fan between my mom & I. 

funlovinlady
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:36 AM

My mom was " protecting me" my bio dad was a piece of work.

Quoting momaof8:

Why not just be honest?

Quoting funlovinlady:

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:45 AM
All three of my kids have different color eyes lol.

Quoting Thelmama:

They can still genetically have the child as she is because genetics is more than simply dominant and recessive.  There are many factors to how dna is presented by the child that is born.  It is really fascinating which accounts to why some people suddenly have a red headed child and it is their child but it seems like the milk man made a visit as they used to say. When dna comes back they find that yes indeed that child is theirs and no one had a visit with the milk man.  Fascinating stuff when you look at it.

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Quoting Anonymous:

Dh and I both have dark brown hair. He has green eyes and I have brown. I gave birth to a little girl that has bright blue eyes and blond hair.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:46 AM
My grandparents both have blonde hair and blue eyes. They had 5 kids one with red hair and blue eyes. Two with brown hair and brown eyes, and two with blonde hair and blue eyes. No Gma didn't step out lol they all had my gpas facial features there is no denying him as the father lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:47 AM
My kid won't know that dh isn't her dad until I absolutely have to tell her. Even then, she'll never know who her bio dad is.

You don't know why her (the girl in the story) parents made the choices that they did but she's a successful, well adjusted young woman. Obviously they did something right.
meaganmac
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:49 AM
2 moms liked this
Am I the only one who actually read the story? She didn't find out she was adopted in biology class or all alone, she didn't even consider she was adopted. It wasn't until she told her mother what happened (because she thought she was a genetic anomaly and thought it was cool) that her mother broke down in tears and admitted she was adopted. It's called reading comprehension, people, you should really try it.
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Exactly, LOL and so do mine and different hair color shades. I have been asked by a perfect stranger if my kids all had different Daddies........LMBO. The oldest two have slightly different shades of brown hair and my younest is a little blondie. I have brown hair, dh had strawberry blonde.  My oldest has brown eyes, middle hazle and little one blue. However, the syndrome I mentioned in another reply,  tends to make you have light colored eyes but that's how it played out in my kids. I told the lady YES they all have the same father and walked away. Seriously?  She asked a perfect stranger that.  I bet you can guess where we were at the time..........LOL LOL LOL.

I should have told her some snappy answer but I was too shocked to think of one.  LOL

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

All three of my kids have different color eyes lol.

Quoting Thelmama:

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN