Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do so many assume people in this group have young kids?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

There are so many posts where people just flip shit because mom is "wasting time" doing this or that. Or mom is going out for the weekend or a mom is doing  this for a week or w/e and so many people freak and are like "WHERE ARE YOUR KIDS!??!!@!!!!?!!@WS!!!" 

Not all the moms here have younger kids. There are many with older teen and many with only adult kids. Moms confessions is a group for all kids of people. I just dont understand why so many people have the assumption that the moms in this group have young kids 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Probably because the average age in here is late 20s (that's a guesstimate lol).

SKM1119
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Yea I noticed that.  I think maybe they try to relate and they have young kids so that's what they assume.

Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Because so many of the women on here are so immature that it seems impossibile they would be over 20.... let alone old enough to have teen or adult children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Because the perfect mommies never step away from their kids.

EVER!
15 yo and trying to take a crap? Here, let mommy wipe your ass.
If you've been here for even one day you should know that.

fivegirls333
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:51 AM

i think it is just a misunderstanding.  they really think they are talking to 20 year olds!  so silly.  why do they think we have such great advice and knowledge about so many topics?...been there.  just trying to save them some aggravation.  i am sure once they are on for a while they start to understand...they are getting some solid advice!...we just don't have hours to explain why it is what it is...smile.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:51 AM
I think it's just a go to insult. Like "you're jealous" or "you spelled something wrong".
myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:52 AM
It's difficult not to assume if you have young kids yourself. That said, I've never made it a working assumption. I remind myself there are older moms with teen or adult kids here too. A lot of people don't apply that personal filter on the internet.
auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:52 AM

lol my kids are 26 and almost 28.

Occasionally there is a post asking "do you know where your kids are?" and I always want to reply..."I have no idea" (unless I know they are at work, etc) but I know someone would say..."what???? You dont know where your kids are???"

I waste a lot of time now. I raised my kids. I can do that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Because everyone knows everything about you within two sentences...I rather enjoy getting attacked over some dumb fuck reading way into two sentences like they know me and there isn't anything you can say for them to stop attacking you whether you explain deeper or  agree with them or not. < I hope you can decipher that I got 20 min of sleep last night soo my thoughts are not coming out very clear. Sorry lol.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Because most moms on here are younger & do have younger kids. Doesn't mean it's right but *shrugs* I try  not to assume anything but having younger kids I sometimes do forget there are moms on here with much older kids than I have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)