Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Toddler bras? Cute or trashy?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:47 AM
  • 148 Replies
2 moms liked this
A couple of my old friends posted photos of their 3 year old daughters on Facebook lately wearing toddler bras. Its basically just a tiny sports bra for toddlers.
I shook my head, because there's no need for them, and I think they're just another disgusting attempt at marketing to sexualize our daughters too early. Toddlers don't have boobs!

I asked one of them why it was necessary, and she threw a fit saying her daughter likes to run around in just her bottoms in the yard, and she doesn't want perverts to see her nipples. Really? Just make her keep her shirt on then. I'm so over this "every male is a pervert" mentality.

A three year old doesn't need a bra. It's weird.
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
buttercup627
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
It's a waste of money lol
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

0.o

I'll have to think of a reply and come back to this one.  Just saving my spot for now...

EDIT: OP, do you have any pics of what these "bras" look like?  I tried Googling (with all my filters on!) to see what stores sell them and what they look like compared to say, crop tops or halter tops, and came up with nothing.  I can't form an opinion without some idea of what we're talking about, I guess.  I think some of the crop tops are cute, but as I don't have a daughter I can't say for sure if I'd put her in one.  And they seem cute as more of a dress-up playtime theme than a "let's go out on the town" outfit.

supercarp
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:48 AM

It's not a bra, it sounds like more of a halter top. I think it's fine. Better than going naked.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:48 AM

nonsense

frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I guess I can see her reasoning but yeah, tell her to keep her shirt on!  Common sense.

lilbit53009
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:49 AM

yes that's weird...a toddler doesn't need a bra

Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:49 AM
3 moms liked this

Whats the diff between that and running around in a a bathing suit? Whats the diff between that and a sports bra and gym sports for kids that dance?

Gorilla_Mama
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Definitely weird

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:49 AM
That is silly... There is no need for a bra at that age, there is nothing to support... Wear a tank top!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:49 AM
My dd wore them it got her ready for a bra.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)