Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

for the next weel i can only spend 10 a day for food...family of 4.. one a vegetarian..any help?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:44 PM
  • 6 Replies

this would be for breakfastr and lunch for two people and dinner for four people....

i seriously messed up the grocery budget and now i am desperate....

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Vinsmomma
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Oatmeal for breakfast, eggs, or toast, pancakes you an probably make from scratch I you have everything in your cabinets... Lunch pb &j, grilled cheese, quesadillas, top ramen, tacos, dinner, spaghetti, baked ziti (make enough to have for lunch the next day) tacos, Mac n cheese, hot dogs, stir frys with rice and tofu, try to use up what you have lying around in your pantry..
We have had to do that lately.. We are a fam of 5 with 1 vegetarian..
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this
$10.00 day x 7 days is $70.00 ...plenty of money to cover 4 people.
Fresh fruits and veggies, cheap meats, pasta, rice, beans, milk, cheese, oatmeal, yogurt
Jcothrine
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:56 PM

thank you... i even made the spaghetti with meat the last time so they would eat it and it is rotting in the fridge.... sighs.. they are picky and all very big eaters.... we are all pretty fat....... i spend 360 every two weeks on groceries for us all... so this is going to be diffibult....  i think i ate out too much..... like McDonalds for breakfast instead of cereal.....

i do have oats.... i do have pancake mix that you  just add water..... i do have cream of wheat but hubby hates it.. i do still have almost a gallon of milk and some cereal..... i am out of soymilk and i am the vegetarian and i don't do regular milk.. for one thing i am lactose intolerant (makes me crap my pants..tmi..i know)

thanks for the tios and everyone keep them coming!

Quoting Vinsmomma:

Oatmeal for breakfast, eggs, or toast, pancakes you an probably make from scratch I you have everything in your cabinets... Lunch pb &j, grilled cheese, quesadillas, top ramen, tacos, dinner, spaghetti, baked ziti (make enough to have for lunch the next day) tacos, Mac n cheese, hot dogs, stir frys with rice and tofu, try to use up what you have lying around in your pantry..
We have had to do that lately.. We are a fam of 5 with 1 vegetarian..

team_porculoon
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Fresh fruits and veggies, cheaper cuts of meat, beans or lentils, oatmeal, make bread...

Jcothrine
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:58 PM

thank you..... we are so spoiled here..... i am the biggest problem...overspending....but they are very picky and i have to do things a certain way......

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

$10.00 day x 7 days is $70.00 ...plenty of money to cover 4 people.
Fresh fruits and veggies, cheap meats, pasta, rice, beans, milk, cheese, oatmeal, yogurt

Jcothrine
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:08 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN