Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am so excited!!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:49 PM
  • 20 Replies

Mobile Photo

To read this book!

Any books you are excited to read?
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beautiful31mom
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Mobile Photo

i_am_no_1
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Unclear about the title.

can you explain it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Black hair, chocolate milk?
la-cosa-nostra
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:51 PM

i took it as being Christian in a materialistic world, but i could be wrong

Quoting i_am_no_1:

Unclear about the title.

can you explain it?

team_porculoon
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Because no one can read that small print...

An invitation for every woman who feels she isn't godly enough...isn't loving enough...isn't doing enough

The life of a woman today isn't really all that different from that of Mary and Martha in the New Testament. Like Mary, you long to sit at the Lord's feet...but the daily demands of a busy world just won't leave you alone. Like Martha, you love Jesus and really want to serve him...yet you struggle with weariness, resentment, and feelings of inadequacy.

Then comes Jesus, right into the midst of your busy Mary/Martha life-and he extends the same invitation he issued long ago to the two sisters of Bethany. Tenderly he invites you to choose "the better part"-a joyful life of "living-room" intimacy with him that flows naturally into "kitchen service" for him.

How can you make that choice? With her fresh approach to the familiar Bible story and its creative, practical strategies, Joanna shows how all of us-Marys and Marthas alike-can draw closer to our Lord, deepening our devotion, strengthening our service, and doing both with less stress and greater joy.

Quoting i_am_no_1:

Unclear about the title.

can you explain it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

first-one
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:55 PM

This made me literally lol!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:55 PM

bump

LoveMyKBabies
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:57 PM

The Wind's of Winter - George R.R. Martin (Sometime next year)

In My Own Heart's Blood - Diana Gabaldon (should be out this fall/winter)

**If I could force J.K. Rowling to write more HP books, I would!**

Beautiful31mom
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Ty I am mobile.

Quoting team_porculoon:

Because no one can read that small print...

An invitation for every woman who feels she isn't godly enough...isn't loving enough...isn't doing enough

The life of a woman today isn't really all that different from that of Mary and Martha in the New Testament. Like Mary, you long to sit at the Lord's feet...but the daily demands of a busy world just won't leave you alone. Like Martha, you love Jesus and really want to serve him...yet you struggle with weariness, resentment, and feelings of inadequacy.

Then comes Jesus, right into the midst of your busy Mary/Martha life-and he extends the same invitation he issued long ago to the two sisters of Bethany. Tenderly he invites you to choose "the better part"-a joyful life of "living-room" intimacy with him that flows naturally into "kitchen service" for him.

How can you make that choice? With her fresh approach to the familiar Bible story and its creative, practical strategies, Joanna shows how all of us-Marys and Marthas alike-can draw closer to our Lord, deepening our devotion, strengthening our service, and doing both with less stress and greater joy.

Quoting i_am_no_1:

Unclear about the title.

can you explain it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN