Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My brother was arrested this morning.

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:03 PM
  • 13 Replies
He has a pill problem, and he has been stealing from my grandparents for a while. They are wealthy, but that is no excuse to steal!! My mom is hysterical and begging everyone for money to bail him out. I am SO GLAD I live 500 miles away and am not around this crap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I hate those criminals who have parents who bail them out immediately as soon as they get caught. I hope my DS knows, his ass will stay there is he ever gets in trouble. I want him to regret it with everything in him.

macysmom
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Hopefully this will get him straight. He has been on this path for about 5 years now and he is only 22. It hurts me bad to know what he is going through, but he got himself in this situation, not me.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hate those criminals who have parents who bail them out immediately as soon as they get caught. I hope my DS knows, his ass will stay there is he ever gets in trouble. I want him to regret it with everything in him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
macysmom
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meg0620
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Ugh sounds like my df's cousin. So annoying.
allornone
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Your mom needs help too. It's probably the best place for him. I know it's hard but he needs help. I am sorry. 

SWasson
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Getting caught is often the only thing that will make someone get help for an addiction.

amberleh
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't bail him out. He needs to face the consequences of his actions. 

lisairv
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Your Mom needs to let him sit. Hopefully she does. He needs help. Maybe he will think about it if he has to sit in jail. If she keeps bailing him out, his drug use will most likely get worse and he could end up dead. 

I really hope he gets the helps he needs. I'm sorry your family is going through this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Sounds like my brother. Bailing him out will only make him think he can get away with this kind of crap. I'm sorry op.
MrsNewman
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Don't bail him out, he'll just continue to do it. My brother was the same way, he's in prision now for breaking and entering. My mom and grandparents use to bail him out of everything. Made it way to easy for him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN