Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Emotional Cheating....Yes or No???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 118 Replies
1 mom liked this

Here goes....

So I have found text messages on my husbands phone to his ex girlfriend. (Yes I was snooping, something just didn't feel right) Things were said like: ... this beautiful view makes me think of you....happy birthday hope it was a good one....how are you....hope you are good...Just thinking of you...next time you're in town we should do lunch....hows work...hows family

So I confronted my husband and he got mad at me for going through his phone. Never apologized. Nothing..

I know he is not having a physical affair because she lives in another state. She is also in a relationship..(Yes I facebook stalked)

I don't think this is appropriate for a married man to be texting his ex girlfriend. Especially the one where he said the view is beautiful and made me think of you...

So here's the deal...Do you believe in emotional cheating?? Would you be pissed??? Or should I not have been snooping??? Have you been in a similiar situation??

And BTW...I'm not proud of any of this..

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Wouldn't fly.

I would rather Dh go out and have a one night stand than cheat emotionally.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I was devastated when I found out...Stayed up and cried all night..

Quoting dawnnamarie:

Wouldn't fly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, it is emotional cheating. Yes, I would be pissed. No, he doesn't have an excuse. He should be more respectful of your marriage.

sunrisekn
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Not acceptable!
dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:31 PM
I'm sorry love :(

I've got a pretty screwed up view on relationships and cheating. But I have always told my husband that something emotional would hurt me 10xs more than anything else

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting dawnnamarie:

Wouldn't fly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Thank you. That's what I thought. But he has a way of turning it around and blaming me for snooping.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, it is emotional cheating. Yes, I would be pissed. No, he doesn't have an excuse. He should be more respectful of your marriage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Emotional cheating is more damaging in my opinion. My husband had an affair which was physical and emotional. If he had just nailed the useless whore I could have gotten over that easier. No, he had to tell her all the things he ever told me while we dated etc. It made our entire relationship a joke. It is intensely painful to doubt every sentiment ever bestowed upon you by someone you trusted with every fiber of your being.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Ahhh. Thank you..

I think I almost would rather him have a one night stand. With the emotional cheating I felt really deceived and hurt.

Quoting dawnnamarie:

I'm sorry love :(

I've got a pretty screwed up view on relationships and cheating. But I have always told my husband that something emotional would hurt me 10xs more than anything else

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting dawnnamarie:

Wouldn't fly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:32 PM
I had a post about my husband constantly having emotional affairs. I got 0 replies, so good luck with this.

Yes I believe in it. Since my DH has never physically cheated & he always picks women he has no chance with....I just wait it out...usually depressed...until he's decided I'm definitely the one he wants again. He's doing it right now actually, so it's nice to talk to someone going through it...though I'm sorry you are. *hugs*
Nicolekathryn12
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Ya that wouldn't fly here either.  Sorry you are having to deal with this. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)