Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have 3 degrees and I do not even use them.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am what people call "professional students" I have a love for knowledge and taking as many classes as I can. I just want to know as much as I can. I have a BS in Zoology, a BS in Microbiology, a BS in Ecology. I am currently attending more classes towards another degree. I love biology, animals, etc. Everyone thinks I am crazy because I want to go to college but I love it! 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:37 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Cool, I have the Degree of Life, I use it daily
3kidz123
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:39 PM

how do you pay for all this?

Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Lol; I wish I was more like you; I love learning but HATE school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:43 PM

im have one  Ba degree and two certificate degrees, mi love school as well , i could go forever if i could afford it

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:44 PM

A trustfund

Quoting 3kidz123:

how do you pay for all this?

mewebb82
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:47 PM
At least your degrees are related, which makes you employable. lol
I completed my Doctorate in English 3 years ago. I also have a BS in Psychology, AS in Accounting, AS in Nutrition, AA in Photography, and I completed an apprentice for glassblowing. At this point going back to school just seems absurd, despite the fact that I kind of want to.
autodidact
by Snarknado on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:03 PM

how do all those associates work? after you've earned the first, do you only need the concentration classes for that specific subject to complete the degree? 

Quoting mewebb82:

I completed my Doctorate in English 3 years ago. I also have a BS in Psychology, AS in Accounting, AS in Nutrition, AA in Photography, and I completed an apprentice for glassblowing. At this point going back to school just seems absurd, despite the fact that I kind of want to.

mewebb82
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:51 PM
For the most part yes. My accounting degree required extra math classes too and then there were nonspecific elective courses just to meet the credit hours. Otherwise, the basic courses I had already taken transferred.

Quoting autodidact:

how do all those associates work? after you've earned the first, do you only need the concentration classes for that specific subject to complete the degree? 

Quoting mewebb82:

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:53 PM
I enjoy school. I might go for my masters when my kids are older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)