Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just realized...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

I have been on PA for over 8 years. I got pregnant with my oldest child when I was 17 and my mom signed me up for WIC. (My mom was not on any form of PA at that time or the whole time I was growing up... but she was a single mom and we did struggle sometimes). Then when I was 18, I moved out of my mom's house and into a low income apartment with DH (then boyfriend) and our child. We applied for FS at that time. Now we live in a nicer house, instead of an apartment (but we do get HUD) and DH works more than full-time and I am  SAHM (I did work for about 4 years after our first was born and while DH was in college). We still get FS and WIC. DH makes what would seem like a lot of money for some people but with as many kids as we have, we still qualify for those things.

Not saying I'm proud of it or anything but damn... I just didn't realize how long we had been on assistance : /

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Are you trying to get off of it?

1likeme
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:46 PM
How many children do you have?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Yes! Absolutely. DH is going to be getting a promotion at his job soon and he'll be making a lot more money which will really help us.

Quoting TurtleMomma82:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Why weren't you more careful after having a baby at 17 and knowing how much your mom struggled all those years? Why get pregnant and make the choice to keep it knowing you are on FS and taking advantage of the system.  That seems pretty immature and irresponsible.  People like YOU are why the people on here bash people on PA.  You really set a bad example of the ones that are using it for good reasoning.

TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:49 PM

That's great! :) keep it up

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes! Absolutely. DH is going to be getting a promotion at his job soon and he'll be making a lot more money which will really help us.

Quoting TurtleMomma82:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:49 PM

We have 5. And yes, I know how you all feel about people who continue to have kids while on PA but ya know what... sometimes shit happens. And I don't regret any of my kids. We do have multiples in there too so it wasn't 5 different pregnancies.

Quoting 1likeme:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Well... hopefully you get off it soon... doesn't sound like you are trying all that hard; being a sahm... but whatevs good luck

kattcooper
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:50 PM
This!

Quoting Anonymous:

Why weren't you more careful after having a baby at 17 and knowing how much your mom struggled all those years? Why get pregnant and make the choice to keep it knowing you are on FS and taking advantage of the system.  That seems pretty immature and irresponsible.  People like YOU are why the people on here bash people on PA.  You really set a bad example of the ones that are using it for good reasoning.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:50 PM

So your BC failed how many times?

Quoting Anonymous:

We have 5. And yes, I know how you all feel about people who continue to have kids while on PA but ya know what... sometimes shit happens. And I don't regret any of my kids. We do have multiples in there too so it wasn't 5 different pregnancies.

Quoting 1likeme:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Shit happens? I can see once maybe twice...but 5 kids. WOW. That's sad.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 1likeme:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured