Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you know your having a contraction?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
This may seem incredibly stupid... But I'm 37 weeks, and it's my first baby... And I've had a lot of people tell me different things. They say the pain will let you know right away but I have a really high tolerance for pain. Today I was sitting and i had pain in my back that took me into the fetal position... Would that be it? It makes me feel silly but i don't want to be the one who never realized I was in labor.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KennyPooPoo22
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:57 PM
They start off like period cramps. Get stronger and closer together. The back thing is more likely your sciatic nerve. The baby is pushing on it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Bump
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Mine felt like period cramps.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Bump
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Your stomach gets really tight and it feels like cramping.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:01 PM
I didn't have any pain at first. My belly started to expand and get hard. It was like blowing up a balloon then letting air out.
erinf28
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:01 PM

It feels differently for everyone. My stomach tightened up and got extremely crampy. My SIL described it as having constipation pains like you have to take the biggest poop in the world (that was a weird way of having it described lol), others have a tightened stomach but all the pain in their back (called back labor). You would definitely know when to get checked out because it's not normal pain like a growing uterus or round ligament pain.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:04 PM
My issue with the pain thing is pain really doesn't phase me. I broke my leg and had to have my sister tell me I needed to sit down and look at my leg before I realized. Is there pressure in any one place?

Quoting erinf28:

It feels differently for everyone. My stomach tightened up and got extremely crampy. My SIL described it as having constipation pains like you have to take the biggest poop in the world (that was a weird way of having it described lol), others have a tightened stomach but all the pain in their back (called back labor). You would definitely know when to get checked out because it's not normal pain like a growing uterus or round ligament pain.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:04 PM

I have never been in labor or had contractions but here is a bump. And yeah, I know my period is about to be BAD when I get horrible cramping and horrible horrible back pain like I am going to poop myself any second with diharreah haha. I am pretty sure that is contractions (x300 though).

Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:08 PM

See you said it had knocked you into a fetal position. I am guessing since your pain tolerace is SO HIGH, only something epic will make you do that, so even if it's NOT labor, you should probably go to the hospital anyway right??? Sounds like it though.

Quoting Anonymous:

My issue with the pain thing is pain really doesn't phase me. I broke my leg and had to have my sister tell me I needed to sit down and look at my leg before I realized. Is there pressure in any one place?

Quoting erinf28:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)