Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Doctor worthy or let it go?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:05 PM
  • 17 Replies

Mobile Photo

Please disregard the pedicure, I haven't had a chance to get in.

I dropped a full bottle of shampoo on my foot and it landed right where the arrow is pointing. That's also about where the pin is that they put in my foot after bunion surgery. It swelled up immediately and there is a bump and you can tell its already starting to bruise.

Do you think its worth going to the doctor over? I know all he will do is order X-rays and I'd rather avoid them for health reasons if all possible.

It hurts to walk on it but no more than if anyone else dropped a bottle on their foot in the same exact spot.
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Well, you can always wait to see if it starts feeling better... That's probably what I'd do.. Give it a few days.
countrybumkin79
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Give it a few days but keep a close eye on it
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:09 PM
I'm leaving to go out of town tomorrow and I really don't want to have to try to find an urgent care clinic there.

Quoting MistyMoo:

Well, you can always wait to see if it starts feeling better... That's probably what I'd do.. Give it a few days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:10 PM

I would not go in for that.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:11 PM
What in worried about is that's about where the pin is, can something like that damage the pin or the bone around it? Is it really tough?

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:12 PM

even if it bruised the area around the pin there is nothing they can do. You would be in excruciating pain if something really happened to that pin.

Quoting Roxygurl:

What in worried about is that's about where the pin is, can something like that damage the pin or the bone around it? Is it really tough?

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

mrs.ramirez
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:12 PM

You busted a vein, that's why it swelled up. It happens on parts of the body where there is nothing between the skin and the bone.

BeAmour
by Tonya on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Let it go.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Ok, see that's the answer I was hoping for thanks. I just wasn't sure and I'm still so cautious over that area.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

even if it bruised the area around the pin there is nothing they can do. You would be in excruciating pain if something really happened to that pin.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haileys_mommy06
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:13 PM
If it were me, I'd wait it out a little. However... I dropped a full bottle of shampoo on my big toe where the cuticle meets the nail last November, I lost half my toe nail vertically and is almost fully grown back now. I've also been dealing with an ingrown toenail since the very beginning of June =/ I keep telling myself it'll work itself out after watching a video on YouTube on how they would fix my toe if I needed surgery. So I would probably not be the person to ask, lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)