Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't allow my father's wife to come to family gatherings at my home

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 164 Replies
2 moms liked this

After 25 years of marriage my father had an affair, gave my mom HPV and then left her for the other woman. I was married with a 1 year old and a 3 year old at the time. My brothers were 11 and 16 and my sister was 20 at the time. 4 years later, my father has married his whore. I refuse to acknowledge her. I always invite my dad to family gatherings at my home, birthday parties, holidays  even the occasional Sunday dinner but I refuse to allow him to bring his wife. I refuse to come to his home and if we meet out in public and he brings his wife, I leave immediately. My siblings have followed in suite though I have told them that is up to them. I do this for 3 reasons for this, 1. I don't want my children around her or them as a couple. Eventually, if she is around, they will find out what happened and I don't want them to think it's ok. I still love my father but having his whore around, IMO is condoning what he has done. 2. I don't want to be around her. I forgiven my father for what he did because I love him and I want to have a relationship with him but I have no such obligation to her. 3. My mom is invited to all the parties and I don't think she should have to be insulted by having her there. My mother has dated and brought men but, she was not sleeping with them while married. Had my father married someone else, I would have been fine with her.

So far, my father has come to almost everything and I know that she has tried to tell him he can't come see us if she isn't invited though her little temper tantrums have never worked. Now my brother and his fiance' have sent out their wedding invitations, they are inviting him only, not his wife. I am pretty sure he will come without her. I wish he would leave her and marry a decent woman.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:20 PM

BUMP!

LectioDivina
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Eh, fuck her.

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:22 PM

OK...

graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:23 PM
I don't blame you.
Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Well I hope eventually you all can forgive them for what they did. But that being said; I don't think you are in the wrong for not wanting her around

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:23 PM
I understand why you wouldn't want her around especially if your mom will be at functions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeyEinstein
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:23 PM
I wouldn't want the skank around either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I would do the same. I wouldnt want to deal with trash like that either.
Party_of_Cinco
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Lol... I don't either
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:24 PM
4 moms liked this

I get it.. But it takes two to tango.. Do you blame your dad at all for the affair????

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)