Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have really bad anxiety & take zanax. Im wondering if there is a natural supplement to take with it to help the anxiety more.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies
I currently take two .5 mg. A day, but it wears off. I don't want to take more BC I don't want to run out before my next prescription is filled. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Anyone ever ear of kava kava?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Exercise and meditation 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:50 PM
I take the exact amount daily as you do. Steer clear from caffeine!!!! If you think your going to run out half them until your next RX is ready. Better to have small amount than None at all. The detox sucks
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Thx u!

Quoting Anonymous:

I take the exact amount daily as you do. Steer clear from caffeine!!!! If you think your going to run out half them until your next RX is ready. Better to have small amount than None at all. The detox sucks

Amy_M
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:11 PM

If they wear off before the end of the day try taking half in the morning and half at night or mid day.  Be sure to talk with your dr first though changing around your meds on your own isn't a good idea

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:15 PM
I was thinking about taking kava kava with them
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:23 PM
What is the detox like?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:36 PM
I suggest you only take zanax for a short time. I was on that dose of klonopin for a few years and had a very bad time withdrawing. I was having horrible side effects for 6+ months. It seriously was the worst time of my life.

I just started taking 5-HTP a few days ago and it seems to be helping my anxiety. I don't know how it would interact with your zanax though. I wouldn't take anything without consulting a doctor first.
JacobsMommy0808
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Valerian Root! it is an awesome over the counter herb that you can get from any pharmacy/walgreens/cvs type store. its an herb in a capsule, its smells horrible, but it does wonders for anxiety! and its natural!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)