Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have really bad anxiety & take zanax. Im wondering if there is a natural supplement to take with it to help the anxiety more.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I currently take two .5 mg. A day, but it wears off. I don't want to take more BC I don't want to run out before my next prescription is filled. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Anyone ever ear of kava kava?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:29 AM
Smoke marijuana, it could help a lot, try just a little
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:50 AM
St johns wart. 3.50 @ Walmart. I take 1 in the morning and one before bed. The full dose is 2 3x daily. Meditation helps and eating a clean diet helps as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Smoke a joint and you wont have any need for medication!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Be extremely careful about adding supplements without consulting your doctor. Some of them (like St. John's Wort) interact badly with other medications. And I'm sure you've heard this before, but therapy really is the best way to reduce your symptoms. The medication is only masking the symptoms.
mrskandi
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:37 AM

My mother has had anxiety for 8 years she was on zanax to and never helped ,we took her to a herb doctor and he gave her GABA 750 mg ,she take 2 pills 3 times a day and she is doing wonderful .You can go read about it online .

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Where do u buy the Gaba at?

Quoting mrskandi:

My mother has had anxiety for 8 years she was on zanax to and never helped ,we took her to a herb doctor and he gave her GABA 750 mg ,she take 2 pills 3 times a day and she is doing wonderful .You can go read about it online .

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Thank all of u for your help!
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Vitamin B complex.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Excercise outside. Eating organic. Doing a cleanse to rid of the chemicals
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Have you thought of switching to Klonopin? It's longer acting and doesn't make you crash after it wears off.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)