Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have really bad anxiety & take zanax. Im wondering if there is a natural supplement to take with it to help the anxiety more.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I currently take two .5 mg. A day, but it wears off. I don't want to take more BC I don't want to run out before my next prescription is filled. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Anyone ever ear of kava kava?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Replies (41-50):
beckyr
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Have they checked your thyroid? 

I only ask because I suffered terrible anxiety, nightmares, paranoia, angry outburtst, tremors, heart palpatations, panic attacks, and a laundry list of other issues.  The Doctor gave me several RX's for anti anxiety meds and they all wore off long before they should have, if they helped at all.    Turned out, when they finally added all my symptoms together and ran the bloodwork, I have Graves Disease.   One little thyroid pill every evening (and I had to take some heart meds too) and I was back to pretty much my old self again within 2 weeks. 

If they haven't checked it ... have them check it.  There are so many things that can be wrong with your thyroid that cause symptoms that look like something else. 

TigerMomLove
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Fish oil helps
LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Speeding is illegal too.

Oops!

Quoting Anonymous:

Smoking weed is illegal where I live. I do exercise and its hard to meditate. I am always busy and never alone.

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

Ditch the Xanax. There are a lot if other...safer alternatives.

Exercise

Meditating

Weed

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:35 PM
I take one in the morning and one in afternoon or as needed.

Your recipe sounds good. What form of Valerian root do you use?

How does it make you feel?

Quoting HelloSweetie:

How do you take them throughout the day?

Try making a Valerian root tincture.  You mix equal parts Valerian root and 100% vodka in a mason jar and cap it off for 6-8 weeks, strain and bottle. Take a drop at a time.

Also- magnesium supplements.

twinmother25
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Confianza

Quoting Anonymous:

I currently take two .5 mg. A day, but it wears off. I don't want to take more BC I don't want to run out before my next prescription is filled. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Lol, good thing I don't speed. Seriously though, I get tested at work.

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

Speeding is illegal too.

Oops!

Quoting Anonymous:

Smoking weed is illegal where I live. I do exercise and its hard to meditate. I am always busy and never alone.

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

Exercise

Meditating

Weed

LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Yeah I know what you mean...I wouldn't do it here because its illegal...but in other places it is not.

Quite sad that there are so many legal drugs with horrible side effects and dependency issues....but they outlaw something that is natural and from the earth....

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, good thing I don't speed. Seriously though, I get tested at work.

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

Speeding is illegal too.

Oops!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

Exercise

Meditating

Weed

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Is that over the counter? What is it?

Quoting twinmother25:

Confianza

Quoting Anonymous:

I currently take two .5 mg. A day, but it wears off. I don't want to take more BC I don't want to run out before my next prescription is filled. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Try valerian root
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cfcf
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Limit caffeine. When I was having bad anxiety/panic attacks I would drink peppermint tea (caffeine free) instead of coffee. Exercise to burn off the adrenaline. Panic attacks are part of our basic instinct of fight or flight.

Lemon grass, passion flowe, kava, chamomile, skull cap, valerian root.

You can find teas with a combination of these herbs or buy the supplements. Research them though, I do not know if they would react badly with Xanax.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured