Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you make your male teen man up if he got a girl pregnant?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I know I would! My friends son who is 15 just found out that he is about to be a dad, he got his 16 year old girlfriend pregnant. His mom went bat shit crazy and refuses for him to ever see her again, drives him to and from school to be sure he isn't sneaking off, took his phone and computer, she even talked to his teachers about it! She is treating him like a two year old now, she has basically said that her son will not support his babies mother at all during her pregnancy. I find this very wrong, they BOTH did it so why punish only the girl who has to carry the child? If it was my son I would be sure he was there supporting his girlfriend, going to all the doctors appointments, helping her as he could and I would also look into teen parenting classes if they choose to keep the baby. After the baby was born of course we would get a DNA test to be sure, however he would man up until he knew one way or the other! What would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Replies (21-30):
anon1986East
by Kali on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Absolutely! No way would I tell my son he can't be a father, and he'd have hell to pay if he ever had the idea that he can abandon his child. Only way my son could avoid being a dad to a child he created would be if he packed up and ran off, if that happened I'd be helping the mother track him down and I would be there for my grandchild.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:55 PM
I would have to really hope the girl chose not to have the baby or put it up for adoption. And I would strongly encourage her to look at all of her options. But if she chose to have and raise the baby, my husband and I, plus the girl's parents would need to sit down and work out what the plan would be. Of course he would be required to take responsibility, as would she, but as parents of CHILDREN, we would have to bear some of that responsibility as well. As I'm typing this out, I'm thinking 'maybe he should just know how to use a damn condom!'
Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I hope that mom loves her son's company, and likes doing his laundry, because I have a feeling he's going to be living with mommy till  he's 40. Mom needs to woman up and make her son take responsibility.

Aislin
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Of course. I would also make sure he protected his rights as a punitive father.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Honestly it depends on what my ds wants. Same if my dd got preg it is up to her what she wants im not going to make them do some thing they do not want. I got preg at 14 my bf told me he did not want a child it was my fault I lied about birth control. I never made him do anything for my child.
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I don't have a son, but if I should ever have a son, heck yes!!!

As for your friends son.. how much longer until he is 16? At 16 he can move out if he wants, become emacipated.. (not sure for 15 and younger).. or move out and in with someone who is 18 + years old, and there isn't a damn thing she'll be able to do about it.. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I would put a chastity belt on his penis.  

LadyAmaranth
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Hell ya he'd man up!

He thinks he is man enough to have sex and play adult...He's man enough to get a job and take care of his child.

ElizabethGracie
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

After his father finished kicking his ass,absolutely.

CafeMom Tickers

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you"

tennisgal
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:58 PM

You better believe it. But at the same time, I pray there isn't any of that, "well you're not going to see your son b/c you don't want to see me" type crap that is so typical of teenage parents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)