Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you make your male teen man up if he got a girl pregnant?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I know I would! My friends son who is 15 just found out that he is about to be a dad, he got his 16 year old girlfriend pregnant. His mom went bat shit crazy and refuses for him to ever see her again, drives him to and from school to be sure he isn't sneaking off, took his phone and computer, she even talked to his teachers about it! She is treating him like a two year old now, she has basically said that her son will not support his babies mother at all during her pregnancy. I find this very wrong, they BOTH did it so why punish only the girl who has to carry the child? If it was my son I would be sure he was there supporting his girlfriend, going to all the doctors appointments, helping her as he could and I would also look into teen parenting classes if they choose to keep the baby. After the baby was born of course we would get a DNA test to be sure, however he would man up until he knew one way or the other! What would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Replies (31-40):
karlie2
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:59 PM
He stuck what in where now?
quack quack!

Quoting Anonymous:

He would man up. To be blunt, I don't care what type of girl she is he stuck his duck in her so he better deal with the consequences.

jcrenshawswifey
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:59 PM

After a DNA test, sure.

Mamabear010
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Quoting Aislin:

Of course. I would also make sure he protected his rights as a punitive father.

^^ This. The first thing we would be doing is talking to a family lawyer.

kissmiss213
1 mom liked this

first, i would smack him upside his head, lol. and if he didnt man up i would drag him to her house by his ear. i dont care if he keeps up a relationship with the mother, but he will take care of his baby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Being a teen mother myself I know how being a young mother affects someone. I was super lucky that my child's father (boyfriend at the time) stuck around and supported me. Bought everything for me and for our son. Right before our son was born my parents signed for me to marry him. We have been happily married almost four years and are having our third baby Monday. His father tried to get him to leave me because he doesn't like me but my husband had just turned eighteen and moved out and we started living together he has thankfully had a job since he was sixteen.
So our son sure as heck would man up. We would be so disappointed if he didn't think he needed to. But we would make him get a job and go to appointments with her.
CampClan
1 mom liked this

I would definitely make him man up! 

ETA: I just saw your last sentence "however he would man up until he knew one way or the other!" I would also support him if he decided to man up if he isn't the father! 

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:00 PM

You can't force someone to be a parent but I would insist he pay child support. I would encourage and down right push him to be a father but I would make him get a job and support the girl.

My baby's father abused and raped me and got me pregnant. He declined his parental rights, which I wasn't going to let him have them anyway. I didn't go for child support because I didn't want to deal with him. His parents gave me money and sent her birthday presents and Christmas presents but never had much to do with either of us. They insisted that their son never hurt me and, when they asked him why he wouldn't see his child he said it was because I was a bitch and wouldn't let him, and they took that as the gospel truth and what I said was a lie. When their daughter (who remained a good friend of mine) found out she was pregnant, they made a huge deal about being grandparents and they were so excited and all that. Steph finally got pissed and told them that they can't love this child when they pretty much ignore their other grandchild. After that they started having a relationship with her. After a while, they told their son that he had better start supporting his child or they would kick him out. I got CS for  a while until I got married and my husband adopted her.

CafeMom Tickers

blue123244
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I absolutely agree with everything you said, including the DNA testing - he does need to man up and the mother should be there helping him to do it

LeahJ
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Wuld I make him? No, I think he would be choice. Then again, we will make sure there are plenty of condoms in the house for them and I've already told the boys time and again, " USE A CONDOM, NO MATTER WHAT SHE SAYS!" 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Hell ya he would be manning up. My oldest is 15 now if he got someone pregnant he could say good bye to his sports and would be getting a job. The girls can move in with us so he can be part of every step. He would be supporting/helping for all the coats for the baby.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN