Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you make your male teen man up if he got a girl pregnant?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I know I would! My friends son who is 15 just found out that he is about to be a dad, he got his 16 year old girlfriend pregnant. His mom went bat shit crazy and refuses for him to ever see her again, drives him to and from school to be sure he isn't sneaking off, took his phone and computer, she even talked to his teachers about it! She is treating him like a two year old now, she has basically said that her son will not support his babies mother at all during her pregnancy. I find this very wrong, they BOTH did it so why punish only the girl who has to carry the child? If it was my son I would be sure he was there supporting his girlfriend, going to all the doctors appointments, helping her as he could and I would also look into teen parenting classes if they choose to keep the baby. After the baby was born of course we would get a DNA test to be sure, however he would man up until he knew one way or the other! What would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Quoting karlie2:

Lol
Well I'm off to get the duck removed and his *dick* replaced.

I'm a dork!
JennPearce
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
He'd definitely man up. I'd expect him to be at all the dr appts, getting a job, and being there for the mom to be. It takes 2 to make a baby.
LeahJ
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Putative. A punitive father would be something else entirely. Lol. 

Quoting Aislin:

Of course. I would also make sure he protected his rights as a punitive father.

My imaginary friend thinks you have serious issues....

billiejo79
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Yes if my only son had gotten a girl pregnant when he was a teen he would be stepping up.

justbreatheOx
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:07 PM
I was in this situation. We were 22 and 24 when it happened though. It was still really difficult either way.
sdsstargazer
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Yep, he would man up for sure. All extra curriculars would be gone and he would be helping to support that child! He would attend parenting classes, he would attend appointments, and if it were confirmed his, then he would help support this child financially. After school and weekend jobs! Welcome to real life sweetheart! Yes I would help with babysitting while he/she had to work, or to take evening classes.
ashli488
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:11 PM

my sons had the balls to make a kid, he is gonna grow another pair and take care of the kid. idc how old he is and if he doesnt want to be with the girl anymore or anything.

oooomelissaoooo
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Hell yea he's going to man up. Idc if the girl wants McDonald's at 1am. He's going to get his ass up and get it for her. He will go to all doc spots etc.

I can only hope that her parents will be supportive as well and that we can be civil with each other for the baby's sake!
Aislin
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:18 PM

No, legally any unwed father is a punitive father

Quoting LeahJ:

Putative. A punitive father would be something else entirely. Lol. 

Quoting Aislin:

Of course. I would also make sure he protected his rights as a punitive father.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Can I just ask why mothers call "DNA test!!" when their teen sons father a child? Are you really desperate to believe he wouldn't have unprotected sex? Or do you think every girl he is with is a slut?

I am serious. I have had this convo with Dh, and I would never call his gf, or any female ds knocks up, out for a DNA test. We will talk to him and teach him about safe sex of course but its not totally impossible that he would knock a girl up. Shit happens. And yes I would make sure he suppors her no matter what!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN