Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you make your male teen man up if he got a girl pregnant?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I know I would! My friends son who is 15 just found out that he is about to be a dad, he got his 16 year old girlfriend pregnant. His mom went bat shit crazy and refuses for him to ever see her again, drives him to and from school to be sure he isn't sneaking off, took his phone and computer, she even talked to his teachers about it! She is treating him like a two year old now, she has basically said that her son will not support his babies mother at all during her pregnancy. I find this very wrong, they BOTH did it so why punish only the girl who has to carry the child? If it was my son I would be sure he was there supporting his girlfriend, going to all the doctors appointments, helping her as he could and I would also look into teen parenting classes if they choose to keep the baby. After the baby was born of course we would get a DNA test to be sure, however he would man up until he knew one way or the other! What would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Replies (711-717):
KRNR
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I would tell my son to man up as well, if he thought he was old enough for intercourse and he got a girl pregnent he would be involved cause he has to learn life has consciences and lessions, we all need to learn this some times.

rallygal
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Been there done that. My son was 18 and his wife now was 15. They have 2 beautiful daughters now and have been married for 10 years. He manned up and did what was right. I am very proud of them both and love my grandbabies.
shaiorta
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:19 AM

HECK YES!!! His mom sounds like a Terrible Person and if I were the girls mom and my daughter wanted his support I would take his moms butt to court! My son would take Full responsibility!!

shellyplatz
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I would make mine stand up and be a man.

TinyDancer428
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:53 PM
I was once pregnant with no support from my ex. Of course, I wasn't a teen but I was 20. When I got pregnant he decided not to be around anymore. His mother told me that he would not owe me a dime and he would work "under the table" if he had to so he could keep his money. He signed his rights over last year after a DNA test and my husband adopted her. Now he owes me back child support.

If I had a son he would man up. I wouldn't let him put a girl and their child through that. He would have responsibilities.
Diane1223
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Yes!!!
CarolynC71
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:17 PM

My son was great when he found out his girlfriend was pregnant. He was 17. She was 16. He went to the doctor's appointments with her and to WIC. We allowed her to move in with us because her parents weren't really on board with everything even though they were the ones that were partially responsible. (They allowed them to be in her room with the door closed so what did they expect would happen.) We were more concerned about them finishing school and didn't require them to look for work until they graduated. We felt graduating was more important. They did enough planning once they found out they were expecting that they set their schedule for their Senior year so they would go every other day so one of them was home every day with the baby. They were able to graduate early (in January).

I can't even believe her son would allow his parents to keep him from his child. That is not fair to him, the girlfriend and especially not the child. What did that child do to deserve to be kept from his/her father?

Maybe you can call the school counselor and alert them of the situation and see if the counselor will talk to the boy's mother. They won't be able to tell you anything about the result but at least it might make her reconsider if someone talks to her. I don't know if they will but at least you can try. I actually called the school counselor when I found out my son and his girlfriend were having sex and she talked to them. That was freshman year. Luckily the pregnancy didn't occur until Junior year and the baby was born right before Senior year started.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)