Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is anyone else NOT excited that it's so close to school starting up again?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:55 PM
  • 164 Replies

I hate this time of the year.  I'm literally counting the days down that I have left with all of the kids being home :(

I absolutely love having all of the kids home at once everyday.  I tried homeschooling but it wasn't for us at all.  Thankfully my children love going to school so it makes it a bit easier for me.  

This year the only one who is not going to be in school is my 20 month old.  My daughter is only going M-W-F so on those two days I'll have the two youngest home with me.  I just get so sad knowing they are growing up so quickly, it's bittersweet.

I don't want them to go *wahhhhhhh*.

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Ds starts first grade. I'll be home during the week with dd. I'm not excited because ds will be gone all day this year (kindergarten here is half days), and I'll be starting school, too :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Nope I am counting down the days until they go back.  I love my children to death.  I cherish all the time I have with them.  However they need to go back to school and I need to go back to work.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Me. My baby's first year of school. :( I've eaten more calories this week than in the previous two months. *sigh* 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:58 PM

I'm not looking forward to it, I hate getting them up and going every morning. I'm disabled so mornings are a bitch. Thankfully, my oldest will be licenced in November so I will be down to just transporting and preparing just one instead of three .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:58 PM
I'm counting down the days too.... because i can't wait.
I love my son, but i enjoy my nap time between the time i get home from work and he gets home from school.
OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:58 PM

I am not looking forward to the big allergy hassle/504 meeting where they want to lock him in a closet to eat lunch, no.

I am homeschooling DS2 this year - he is too smart for first grade and too immature for preschool LOL

DD will be home with me as well.

But in some ways, I am looking forward to it just being DS2 and DD.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I am anxious about it!
They still haven't sent anything to me so I don't know who her teacher is or anything!
I think once everything is set in stone I will be sad!
I wish I could home school but I don't think I would do well at it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Aww first grade is such a big deal.  I hope he has fun.

Kindergarten here is a full day, it's from 7:50- 2:30.  I hate it, I wish I could have found a half day but there are none :(

What are you going to school for?

Quoting Devious333:

Ds starts first grade. I'll be home during the week with dd. I'm not excited because ds will be gone all day this year (kindergarten here is half days), and I'll be starting school, too :(

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Aww.  

I get anxious too.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Me. My baby's first year of school. :( I've eaten more calories this week than in the previous two months. *sigh* 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not looking forward to it either
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN