Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My child choked a kid at preschool.....*edit*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

I got home today to find out my child choked a kid at preschool. Both my kid and the other one are 5. DH did not get a big chance to talk to the teacher as she was dealing with something else. I not sure what to do? My kid has been slowly getting worse. Scratching, biting, twisting fingers, and now choking? We do time outs at home, spanking for large issues. Taking away toys and privlages. Groundings. What do I do? My kid is supposed to start kindergarten. I don't want to get the call that my child caused major harm on another kid. This choking issue has me freeked out.

*edit*

we are heading to the children's hospital for a psych assment after we eat. Her ped called and said to go right away. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:15 AM

BUMP!

rebeccarae
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Don't really know what to tell you. Where I worked, he would have been removed after biting, but here's a bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:21 AM

My kid was in time out when DH picked up all the kids... 

Im just shocked. I have no clue what to do? Take my kid for mental Heath assessment? I have a call in to our ped. I have no clue what to do...,

Quoting rebeccarae:

Don't really know what to tell you. Where I worked, he would have been removed after biting, but here's a bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Doesn't sound good.I would suggest trying a mental health evaluation. He may have some behavioral issues that need counseling. Its good to find out now if there are any mental problems, that way when the school suggests adhd, bi polar or whatever ...you know where you stand. Not to worry you about mental health, I maybe jumping the gin a bit but it could be the d*mn preschool, he may be learning this behavior from other children there.
rebeccarae
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Does he exhibit any other behavior that worries you or just this? Is he by chance acting out because there is something happening at the preschool that you're unaware of ? A bully, isolation, no friends, mean aide?? Anyhting that could cause him to act out?

Quoting Anonymous:

My kid was in time out when DH picked up all the kids... 

Im just shocked. I have no clue what to do? Take my kid for mental Heath assessment? I have a call in to our ped. I have no clue what to do...,

Quoting rebeccarae:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Seek professional advice. Get an appointment with your child's pediatric dr. Go from there. I hope it gets better before it gets much worse, good luck
HeyEinstein
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:24 AM
My friend turned me onto a new kind if technique that I use at home now: instead of punishing have the child do something nice as retribution.

Have him draw a picture for the kid he choked and talk to him about why it's naughty. You can also have him do something at home to help out like sweep the floor.
LovlyRita
by Meter Maid on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:26 AM
An appointment with a child psychologist would not hurt. We went and it did not help my daughter change but helped dh and I get on the same page and form a plan of attack. Her behavior improved because we deal with it better.
PEEK05
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Choking? Maybe he needs to see professional...

LoveMyKBabies
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I got home today to find out my child choked a kid at preschool. Both my kid and the other one are 5. DH did not get a big chance to talk to the teacher as she was dealing with something else. I not sure what to do? My kid has been slowly getting worse. Scratching, biting, twisting fingers, and now choking? We do time outs at home, spanking for large issues. Taking away toys and privlages. Groundings. What do I do? My kid is supposed to start kindergarten. I don't want to get the call that my child caused major harm on another kid. This choking issue has me freeked out.

Anything else similar to this? Arm flapping, rocking, head banging? My boys do this & are both on the Spectrum.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN