Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Well, make up your mind!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies

Well, crap- had all this typed up and then it cleared it all.  Grrrrr

Long story shorter:Someone I know has a son in his late teens.  Supposedly he slept with a girl at a party, while drunk, can't remember sleeping with her, just meeting her, although remembers most, not all, of the night.

This girl shows up at their door 2 months after she gives birth.  Dates would be close, but not right on. (yes variance is all sorts of things here, but not the point).  She claims this child is his.

Demands free baby sitting from family, money for things she needs, supplies from baby, refuses to allow a paternity test to be done.

Person I know walks around saying "my grandchild" this and that, but has no idea if this really is.  Baby doesn't look like her son. 

Mother of baby REFUSES to allow a paternity test done, says if they want to do one, then they are calling her a liar and she will leave and they will never see baby again, ever.

Told this person i know,that's BS, get a mail in one, since you all are doing all of her baby sitting anyway- she would never know, and then you can know for sure instead of possible being scammed by someone.

They won't do it because they think she will find out, it's "fun having a grand-baby", and then also bitches about how much this girl is demanding, and how they have to go along or they won't see "their grandchild anymore".

So, what do you think? what would you do in this situation, not if you were me (I say something and then I'm done, she can sit and complain all she wants, but I already gave my opinion), but if this was happening to you?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:15 AM

bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I would do the mail in one... she probably wouldn't find out... and they need to do it pretty fast because who knows when she will just up and leave with the baby and never come back anyways.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I just don't understand why they don't do it.  To me it seems that tthis person's son is not the father, that the real father just didn't want anything to do with her and so she found a sugar-coated situation.

Just sad, all the way.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would do the mail in one... she probably wouldn't find out... and they need to do it pretty fast because who knows when she will just up and leave with the baby and never come back anyways.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:01 PM

bump

TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:04 PM
I would stay out of it. Try to support your friend, but if they are willing to be doormats, not much you can do.
LoveMyKBabies
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

If I wasn't 100% sure, I wouldn't be calling it "my grandchild" to begin with. I might help babysit sometimes, simply because I love babies. If she wants the child to be a member of our family & my child honestly can't remember having sex with her, she WILL get a paternity test done, or she won't get a dime from us.

Have your friends get a court-ordered one done. If she skips out, she'll be in contempt. If the baby IS their grandchild, then the mother will get court ordered child support & their son will get court ordered visitation. If the child ISN'T his, tell her to take her entitled ass and fuck off.

krystawitt
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

You informed your 'friend' of your opinion.

She does not agree...the family made their decision.

It is not your business what they do.

End of story.

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM
If I was that family, I would do the test. If I was you, I'd keep my mouth shut since you already said what you thought & it fell on deaf ears.
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:08 PM
I would get a court order for one and mom wouldnt have a say in the matter. Does no one involved have a brain?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:09 PM
I wouldn't drop a dime until I knew 100% for sure that was my grandchild.. I'd tell her "you want my support you take the DNA test." "If no then live knowing you didn't do all you could for your child."
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)