Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want to abandon my children...

Posted by   + Show Post

And go to Hawaii next year in March while someone else watches and care, and argue, and pay, and this and that while we sit on the beach, hike, enjoy the paradise of Hawaii for a week.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Replies (61-67):
surferlover
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:26 AM
He has actually beem all over the world, exotic places for training and competition but we don't take the kids for those trips. My mom was telling me about Atlantis. Ill look it up for future trip! I know he has his heart on a trip to Fiji soon too, but I wanna take the kids to Orlando, plus I love roller coasters.

Quoting thetrollcat:

your hubby must make a shit load of money meow

Have you ever considered Atlantis in the Bahamas? You should look into it. I know Hawaii is pretty and all that but Atlantis is my big DREAM

Quoting surferlover:

We took our kids with us for 10 days in Kauai. Even with 3 kids it was an awesome vacation. We are going back next year with our two newest additions, so 5 kids!

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Heres $100 kids. Make it last a week. PEACE.
MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Idk...I'd abandon them for a night and a day perhaps but otherwise I'd walk around  thinking damn I wish the kids could see this or that.  I'd want them with me...I enjoy having them with me on vacation.  I know what you mean though it's nice to get away too.

pm4k
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Go and have fun...you and your SO deserve it. My husband and I take 4-5 days in October for a company meeting and us time. Kids do just fine.

opal10161973
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Wow, that IS nice.  I couldn't get medical unless I worked 32 hours at a place AND had to be considered FT.  If I worked part time, but worked enough hours, it didn't matter.  If I was classified as a PRN and worked enough hours, it didn't matter then either.  I can't WAIT to start working in a job where people actually appreciate my work! 

Quoting thetrollcat:

no we pay a little into it. The university pays up to 990 a month for your insurance we chose to pay extra for better benefits such as better dental, the life insurance. Disability, retirement and other stuff is paid by the University but think about it. We get paid time off, paid vacation, shit Im only part time working four hours a day Mon-Fri and I qualify for all the goods./

Quoting opal10161973:

Full coverage as in you don't pay for your insurance out of your check or something else?  I didn't even get that as a nurse- not ever.  Damn, they treat nurses like shit and then wonder why there is a shortage.  I have a list on how to fix that, let me tell you.  LOL

Quoting thetrollcat:

the pay is small but benefit wise we are loaded we are like damn! We have full coverage in everhthing from health, free wellness checks, perscriptions, dental, vision, life insurance on everyone, retirement plan, paid vacation, paid holidays, sick leave.... I can barely keep up.

Quoting opal10161973:

No kidding, I wish I did know you then. LOL We weren't using an editor at all in class. It was all this is how you write code, kind of BS. Not. even. kidding. We were coding in Notepad+. Yeah. I wanna go to your school! WAAAAHHH! LOL I would love to work on campus, even for lower pay, especially if the benefits were good.
Quoting thetrollcat:

well its too bad you didnt know me when you took your HTML classes because I could have helped you. Im very good at both HTML and CSS I have really mastered CSS in the past few years. I used to get frustrated with it, now its becoming easy for me. I can even code it without the editor now.

I think you have to go in the direction in the area that interests you. programmers have to have a lot of interest in developing softwares/apps to really get it. I just like web designing.... I also like desktop support too and that is what I am going back for. I have actually been offered several job offers because of my desktop background. Im content with my job now good health insurance we need it, I do not plan to move on any time soon. I wouldnt mind however, joining the University IT team....

Quoting opal10161973:

katemckenzie
by Kate on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Sounds amazing!

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:06 AM

The combination of  Orlando and Hawaii makes Atlantis. While I did enjoy Disney World (been there twice now) I really enjoyed the water park! That was amazing! After visiting the water park Atalntis looks like heaven all in one. Hubby and I debated whether we wanted Bahamas for ourselves or a family trip. I voted Family trip for  Bahamas because they have some amazing water parks and things to do for family. Hawaii is nice but Atlantis looks like a ton of fun.

Quoting surferlover:

He has actually beem all over the world, exotic places for training and competition but we don't take the kids for those trips. My mom was telling me about Atlantis. Ill look it up for future trip! I know he has his heart on a trip to Fiji soon too, but I wanna take the kids to Orlando, plus I love roller coasters.

Quoting thetrollcat:

your hubby must make a shit load of money meow

Have you ever considered Atlantis in the Bahamas? You should look into it. I know Hawaii is pretty and all that but Atlantis is my big DREAM

Quoting surferlover:

We took our kids with us for 10 days in Kauai. Even with 3 kids it was an awesome vacation. We are going back next year with our two newest additions, so 5 kids!

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)