Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate the beach and I hate summertime!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 102 Replies

Yes you heard me right - I hate the beach. I hate summertime. The beach is all sandy and hot, all the beaches close to where I live are crappy (ugh Gulf of Mexico waters)

Its too hot in the summer to do anything outside, I don't see why people love the beach so much. It was ok when I was younger but now that I have kids I hate it, chasing the kids, worrying they will run off, making sure they are slathered head to foot with sunscreen, ugh. Not fun at all.

Who's with me? lol

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ruth85
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Amen sister....preach on!!!

Worrying about the kids getting caught in a rip tide, or finding glass or worse in the sand....itchy sand everywhere...impossible to get out of the car....hot, hot hot....miserable.  Yeah...I do NOT see the appeal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I hate the beach too. I grew up in so cal right on the beach. I hated it. the beach is dirty and it stinks and over crowded. and I hate sand. I would rather hang out at the pool then a beach. I moved away from the beach a few years ago and I don't miss the beach at all.

kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Why not move somewhere cooler? I personally love the ocean and summertime. I live in the north east :)

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Sorry, we live for beach weekends. 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Not me! I love summertime and I love the beach!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:57 PM

YES! See my dad wants me and my kids to go to the beach tomorrow, my uncle and aunt are going to be down there fishing all day....but that beach is dangerous, people drowned there recently, and I am scared to death my kids will drown or get snatched. My 2 yr old loves to run off. No thanks.

Quoting ruth85:

Amen sister....preach on!!!

Worrying about the kids getting caught in a rip tide, or finding glass or worse in the sand....itchy sand everywhere...impossible to get out of the car....hot, hot hot....miserable.  Yeah...I do NOT see the appeal.

zacmacsmomm
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Not me, I would gladly switch places with you lol

anitarichman
by Anita on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Not me, I LOVE the beach!! Especially on the Gulf Coast (FLA).  I'll trade ya, you can come to Charlotte where the nearest beach is 3 hours away, and I'll go to where you are.  Deal?

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I hate the beach. The sand irritates me being between my toes, it always whips into my eyes and then when I get home I have sand in between my butt cheeks and everything blah. I'd rather not

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I would love to eventually, but all mine and dh family are here and our jobs too, so maybe when the kids are grown we can move to the Colorado Mountains :)

Quoting kbutton24:

Why not move somewhere cooler? I personally love the ocean and summertime. I live in the north east :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)