Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O.... Kids in bathrooms with opposite gender parent

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:24 PM
  • 33 Replies

That post, and many of the replies, got me thinking about something. We are a society who lately seems to want to blur gender lines. Boys can wear dresses and have their nails painted and it is no big deal. Let your daughter have a "boy" haircut and dress as a boy because that is how she "identifies" herself, right? Apparently we want to blur gender lines if it doesn't mess with where we pee! :-) I know it seems silly, but think about it.

Just my random thought for the day. Carry on!

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarah824
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:30 PM

BUMP!

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:33 PM
3 moms liked this

I think it's ridiculous that people would rather "shelter" a child from seeing the backs of men as they pee than shelter her from the creeps and pedophiles that TARGET places like that as easy abduction zones.

Could the father have planned that better, maybe put her in a stall?  Possibly.  But if she had to walk past all the urinals to get to a stall what good would that have done?

We claim to be so progressive, with boys in dresses and girls playing with monster trucks, but an 8 year old isn't allowed to be educated about the human body enough to know males have a penis and it's just another body part.  At the same time, some schools are starting sex ed in KINDERGARTEN.

sarah824
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:37 PM

This is the point I was trying to make, but you said it WAY better than I did. Thanks!! :-) 

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I think it's ridiculous that people would rather "shelter" a child from seeing the backs of men as they pee than shelter her from the creeps and pedophiles that TARGET places like that as easy abduction zones.

Could the father have planned that better, maybe put her in a stall?  Possibly.  But if she had to walk past all the urinals to get to a stall what good would that have done?

We claim to be so progressive, with boys in dresses and girls playing with monster trucks, but an 8 year old isn't allowed to be educated about the human body enough to know males have a penis and it's just another body part.  At the same time, some schools are starting sex ed in KINDERGARTEN.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:37 PM
3 moms liked this

Well, I for one do NOT want to blur gender lines! I think the idea is ridiculous!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't see the big deal. I'd rather have ds (5yo) come in with me then be alone in a men's room....my dad took me into men's rooms when my mom wasn't around...not a big deal. People are way too uptight these days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BestestMom11
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:42 PM
2 moms liked this
Exactly.

I've been told, here on CM, that my 2 year old seeing me naked is child abuse.

That, because she knows what a penis is, and has seen Daddy's, that we're perverted.

People are morons. Not everything is sexual and creepy. Educate your children.....it's not perverted, or sexual abuse. It's the human body.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:52 PM
I have had to walk into the Walmart plenty of times with my youngest into the men's bathroom. He's 5 yrs old and terrified beyond words of the automatic toilets. The men's bathroom is the only that has a stall with a regular toilet. I went in the one day and there were three guys in there; I said excuse me my son has to go. They just said it's ok, and I took him to the bathroom. No biggie at all. Most family bathrooms are automatic; most men's bathrooms have a regular toilet. One day at the park my youngest and oldest wouldn't go into the men's bathroom till DH and I went in with them. It was only a urinal and a stall. A guy came in and said laughing am I interrupting anything. I was like umm (smiling) no my children and DH are going to the bathroom; I was told not to move. We stood there talking, my DH and our kids (still in stall) till they all came out. Yep, I have plenty of bathroom stories and I am not afraid to go into the men's room for my son. I've never had issues from anybody before. I think it's fine; I have no issues with it at all.
la-cosa-nostra
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

i dont believe in gender "lines" anyway, i think everyone is an individual and gender has nothing to do with interests or personality 

sarah824
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Should there not be gender specific bathrooms? Should we just have one bathroom and men and women can share? 

Quoting la-cosa-nostra:

i dont believe in gender "lines" anyway, i think everyone is an individual and gender has nothing to do with interests or personality 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:59 PM
My almost 3 year old walked in on dh when he was in the shower. She pulled back the curtain and said where is daddy's coochie. Yeap last time that happend and the doors are now locked.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)