Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Any social workers here?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
If so do you like your job? Pros? Cons? I'm thinking about going into the field. I don't know anyone personally but I think it would be perfect for me. Oh, and what exactly do you do? I know that being a social worker you can do numerous jobs.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:49 PM
What do you want to do as a social worker? They have social workers that license foster homes; ones that work in the prison system; ones that work with foster kids; ones that work in hospitals as grief counselors. There are dozens of types of social workers; you can work with kids; and adults; drug abusers; inmates; the sick. Etc
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:51 PM

My cousin is a child advocate for SS.

She loves her job but says many days she goes home with a heavy heart.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:53 PM
I'm thinking of going the "adult" route. I figure once I start the basics in school I can start to really narrow it down.

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you want to do as a social worker? They have social workers that license foster homes; ones that work in the prison system; ones that work with foster kids; ones that work in hospitals as grief counselors. There are dozens of types of social workers; you can work with kids; and adults; drug abusers; inmates; the sick. Etc

Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:55 PM
I worked as a CASA; court appointed special advocate. So I worked alot with social workers and their cases, I was going to be a social worker but after being a casa I knew I couldn't hack it as a SW; I saw things that broke me heart :(. But as a PP said there are several areas a social worker can go into; it's not all abused kids
mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I too am interested in the soccial work field just not sure which specific direcction to go. I kinda thought the school was generi then whichevver job you founnd took you in your direction. I will be attending Chico State next fall

GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:08 AM
Do you know anything about what sort of education they require?
Quoting Mommy2b2many:

I worked as a CASA; court appointed special advocate. So I worked alot with social workers and their cases, I was going to be a social worker but after being a casa I knew I couldn't hack it as a SW; I saw things that broke me heart :(. But as a PP said there are several areas a social worker can go into; it's not all abused kids

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:12 AM
I have a degree in it but never a job. The schooling was interesting. I have learned so much. I went back to school to get my degree I volunteered a while right after school but with my disability I can't work.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)