Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do cheaters have lasting relationships?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
Do you all believe that relationships that start as cheating are doomed?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mistressflora
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I never stayed to find out, after i find out(and i always do usually not through the men) i go!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Not all.  Sometimes people meet their soulmates and are too stupid to go about separating from their current entanglements first.  My sister and her ex were both cheating on each other and they've both been married to the people they cheated with for over 20 years now. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Not always but in general its a bad idea
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:08 PM

I've never believed in blanket statements.  I don't think there is any way to possibly know ALL the circumstances, so I can't say ALL relationships that start as cheating are doomed to failure.

However, if you take a good hard look at the moral situations that led to the relationship, you can usually get a good feel for it. If a man is staying with his dying wife and struggling for support and comfort he can't get in her arms, that's entirely different than a man cheating on his wife for an 18 year old girl, promising he'll leave his wife and never "getting around to it" and treating BOTH women like crap...well the writing is on the wall.

Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Not always; but I honestly don't understand how you could fully trust someone not to cheat on you when they used to cheat with you...
angevil53
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Not if their counterparts have low self worth
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Yes and No. I think it really depends on the people involved. 

I don't think the new person should be surprised if their partner cheats on them though. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Not necessarily but I think it's a good possibility.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Eh, I know that I'll be bashed for it but my marriage started because I was unfaithful. I was dating a guy who was not a good fit, he had 2 children that made me feel like screaming. They were in school yet still weren't potty trained, he allowed them to piss-shit all over my home. I tried over and over again to break it off but each time he would threaten to kill himself. We didn't live together, the relationship wasn't strong in any way, I just continued to let this man manipulate me out of fear that he would commit suicide.

Anyway, I met my dh at work and went out on a date with him while I was still dating the other man. I went home that night and stood up for myself, breaking up with the toxic boyfriend over the phone and standing firm about it. Dh and I have been together ever since, it has been 6 years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Yeah I can see that. 20 yrs is a long time

Quoting Anonymous:

Not all.  Sometimes people meet their soulmates and are too stupid to go about separating from their current entanglements first.  My sister and her ex were both cheating on each other and they've both been married to the people they cheated with for over 20 years now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)