Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i just watched my friend......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this

take her dd into a piercing shop and have her 1 month old dd get her ears pierced......it was so sad the baby screamed and cried for 10 minutes. i dont see the reason to pierce a babies ears....i really dont,i get she had a bad experiance but why put all that pain on her 1 month old?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:15 PM

bump

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Our girls were 3 months when they got their pierced. Idk what to tell ya.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I won't let my girls get their ears pierced until they're old enough to take care of them properly by themselves. Other people take their kids as soon as they can. My aunt took my cousins when they were only 7 days old! Talk about early.

aidyns_mommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:18 PM
I dont have a girl, but would never do it. I don't want to have to clean and take care of them. She can do that when she is older, if she decides to get them pierced.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
julainepw
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:18 PM
I will be getting dd pierced but waiting a little while. She's 6 months.
2ArfarasMom
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I don't get it either, I wouldn't put my baby in unnecessary pain like that, even if it is temporary

TeddiGrams
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:19 PM
I had mine done at 3 months.
amber710
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. Alot of people in my family get it done. But I think it is so selfish and stupid. It is entirely for looks. And babies are already beautiful without you altering their bodies and shoving decorations in their ears! They don't need it. It isn't like a vaccine where it hurts but you are trying to benefit them. It is purely selfish, for you to look at and show off to people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
enlightened_24
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Mine was a year and she cried for all of 2 SECONDS. Each kid reacts differently. At that age, its less likely the baby will pull on it or anything. Its common. Maybe not at one month, but I know lots of people who got their kids ears pierced at 4-5 months.

aniters
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:21 PM

i was 2 months old when i got my ears pierced dont remember anything... my niece was 1 month old when she got her ears pierced she cried for a bit then forgot about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)